aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Tell me about your first time! - How did you get into BL?

1. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    SerenayMilford said:

Its so cool to hear this stories :3 My friends would give me this WTF looks if I wanted to talk about it >3<"
    I was browsing fanfictions when I stumbeld upon one who was Ash x Gary from Pokemon. I really havent figured out yet why I've read it but it was cute I liked it. So after going all the GaryxAsh stories(which were too less in number q^q) I was all obsessed with SasuNaru. Through an unlucky coincidence I hadent have connection to the internet for almost half a year and my obsession soon began to fade. Curious about he Anime Junjou Romantica I started watching it the night the connection was brought back and finished it in one go =3 Yeah...Thats how it was~<3
  2. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    Orovingwen said:

Well I was made aware of slashers before I got into BL.

first let me say that I never understood why people ship non-cannon pairings. I am still a bit at a loss there but I do get it when there is a cannon connection between the two character. I watched Stargate Atlantis and at that time I was pretty innocent concerning pairings (in general) but Then John Shepard and Rodney McKay had a very close relationship and my innocent mind went "they are like a couple" I then found out I wasn't alone with that assessment. And I got more and more into the shipper and shlasher world. pretty crazy if you ask me.. but then again so is BL (although it doesn't seem to be that wide spread crazy).
    I do not ship or slash in general but there are sometimes on screen relationship that aren't fully portrait/played out on screen. Taking McKay and Sheppard (or for short McShep) I do believe those characters had romantic feelings for each other but they weren't aware of that and took that feelings they had as feelings of friendship (they would never ever think of the possibility of being interested in the same sex). So when I pursue that pairing it is rather a wish from me for them to acknowledge that.. but we all know it is fun^^

So when I discovered that there is a whole genre dedicated to Anime with homosexual content I was a bit (positively) surprised especially since homosexuality is a controversial topic in Japan. But then again Japan treads it's media different then we do ours.

It was not really a big deal to come in contact with BL. And I was more shocked but the fangirls who ship anybody with anybody. Those are more scary then some yaoi fangrils
  3. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    other thread deleted (;-P @ Stecher)
  4. Stecher
    Stecher
    i was just remembering you huddy xD
    it wasnt meant to annoy you xD
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910