aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Gay-movies

1. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    Nooo, I dun doubt that. Oro has listed many films until now and some of them were pretty old... So I'm sure some of them are b/w!

Gaaaaaaaah, were do you always find them, Oro?! :3
  2. Orovingwen
    Orovingwen
    Strangers on the Train (Der Fremde im Zug) is from 1951. Classic. movies from that time often have these subtle references because they couldn't make homosexuality a topic. Love it. There are great ones.

Where do I find them? erm.. internet
    I watch a lot of movies from all times. Though I think I leave out the ones from before 1900. Can't really call that "movies" since film was still in the experimental stages there. And I am probably done with the 1900s and 1910s. I've only watched one movie (well film series "Les Vampires" <- brilliant but no gays ). Still got some from the 1920s I want to watch.
    I do try to complete the 1001 movies you have to see before you die list and some of the movies I mentioned are on there. And then just look around what seems interesting. I watched 82 films this year so yeah I do come across some with homosexual contents as well.
  3. Hudbroza
    Hudbroza
    I know that list and am working on it. :3
    I love old silent-movies, especially the ones from Buster Keaton!
    Internet---- erm... thankies xD
    Oh well, some of the old movies are free now anyway. ^^
    I will have a look for them, thanks!
  4. Stecher
    Stecher
    so IT was the old one xD
  5. Orovingwen
    Orovingwen
    @Stecher
    oh yes. don't you like older movies? where you looking for movies from this century?

@Huddy
    it is always the question of legal and illegal. if you go illegally you have bigger chance to get movies (sadly true)
    For old movies you can go to Internet Archive (legal) expiration for copyrights on movies is 79 years I believe (in Austria). maybe 70 or 75. something like that.
    They have quite a few Buster Keaton there. I like them better then Charlie Chaplin but to be honest it's not my kind of humour. I haven't seen many, maybe 20 - 30 but I liked those which where intense. Like Nosferatu, Anders als die Anderen, Les vampires, Metropolis. Granted Voyages dans le lunes was fun but that's scifi, that's already something I like^^

You want to complete it as well? cool! how many have you watched so far? I am at 346, so still got a long way to go.
    I also try to complete the Filmkanon der Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung. But that 's only 35 films (already gave 23). Does Austria have a Filmkanon too? I don't know how the Austrian Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung is called to look it up.

We kinda get away from the topic of GAY movies :P

Did I mention Bent? from 1997 (sorry Stecher, it's also from the last century)
  6. Stecher
    Stecher
    no its not like i dont like them xD
    i was just wondering xD

its cool to se some of the good old ones but im to busy to try that hardcore list xD
  7. Orovingwen
    Orovingwen
    my friends are always like "but they are soooo old". They don't like movies older then themselves XD

I must admit, I don't like many newer western gay movies. They seem to over dramatist or always say something like "gay is okay". the older ones are much more focused on teh story and characters as it seems are east Asian movies. Though I get tired of east Asian movies, which use the excuses of "I'm not gay it's just that I like THIS person".
    I recently saw a wonderful film: Love my Life. Mainly about two Lesbians but one of the main characters had a father, who is gay. And a best friend who is gay. Well there are lot of homosexuals actually. It was really nice to watch.
    Normally I am not that interested in lesbian relationships. Don't know why. Maybe because I just wanne see men with feelings in a movie *lol*

That list is really hardcore. 1001 movies is a lot. And I always watch a lot of tv shows too. But I try not to start new tv shows. Only waiting until they are all cancelled XD
  8. Stecher
    Stecher
    when i look at some movies they are older than me or not really much younger than i am
    and i´m talking about some classic movies xD

i think that a list wich isnt done normally in a year because that would suggest seeing 3 of them everyday is pretty hardcore and should be done when you have enough time like in the "pension" or when you are not working, or you begin now and watch 1 atleast each quarter of the year xD
  9. Orovingwen
    Orovingwen
    I make the distinction between older and old. I don't know, it kinda depends on whom I am talking to. But old is like 30s - 50s. Older is like everything between 80s and 60s. Then you also have really old (up to 1929), then there are not-so-old 90s, newer (2000-2009) and new 2010-now.

the 1001 movie list isn't done in a year! you have your whole life to do the list. 1001 you must see before you die. If I'd live the expected age then I'd had to watch around 12 each year. But I try to watch more then that. my goal was 50 last year. I watched 60. Gonna try another 50 this year.
  10. Stecher
    Stecher
    apart from the conveersation above:
    Brotherhood was aired in Kabel1 this weekend
    and guys
    damn that was an firework for every gaydar
    even wikipedia says so xD

for the conversation:
    i dont have the time for it....
    often i need sleep or visit long lost friends in my free time
    when i have any xD
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast