aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Buying yaoi manga

1. NightSnail
    NightSnail
    So, I thought this thread could be useful since many of us would love to buy yaoi manga but:

1) Italian versions SUCK
    2) released titles are just a few

So, I've started buying yaoi manga in English!
    Anyone else buying/interested in buying English versions instead of Italian versions?

I'm buying Junjou Romantica ♥ Publisher is Blu.
    I usually buy from amazon.com. Price + shipping is almost the same as a manga bought here in Italy, but at least translations are waaaaay better! There are no weird "italianizations" nor "truzzo-language" (sorry, I don't know how to translate "truzzo", but you Italian fellows should understand what I mean XDDD)
  2. Desdemona
    Desdemona
    I am totaly agree with you. Italian version is so bad. I have only bought Crimson Spell in Italian, but when I saw that Val become Bald I just wanted to cry (and of course to throw away my copy, but I have paid it to much to do something like that)
    So I decide to buy english yaoi ^__^
    I have bought Junjou Romantica like you, Love Mode and Hybrid Child.
    I am planning also to buy a couple of yaoi novel and Awakening Desires by Naono Bohra when it will be publish.
    I buy from ibs.it because the site is in italian and is the one who have the cheapest prize between the italian site.
    Lately I head that Magic Press (an italian publisher) will publish Bukiyou na Silent probably in March. I am looking forward to it.
  3. NightSnail
    NightSnail
    Hope this Magic Press will be more accurate than Kappa Edizioni (=__= ;
  4. Cannella
    Cannella
    I never bought English manga from the internet... I prefer to buy manga directly in the shop, where I can see and touch the real volumes.

NightSnail, I don't know much about Kappa Edizioni, but I really hate the way the typeset the dots "...". They use a different font for it and the dots are never on a straight line, but they form an arc Maybe I'm too picky, but when I buy manga I want them to be pretty. u.u
  5. Squizzz
    Squizzz
    You're all right...
    I don't buy manga in general, as they're pretty expensive and i have the scans on my pc. I have bought Crimson Spell too, but as I saw the word "Bald" and the awful translations I felt sick ç__ç
  6. Brokenrose
    Brokenrose
    Well, first of all HI TO EVERYONE! I'm new here.
    Er, if I may give a suggestion to spare money and read tons and tons of yaoi, I know a good site but really don't know if I can post the address here without breaking rules. So, to avoid, let me know if interested.
  7. NightSnail
    NightSnail
    Hi and welcome, Brokenrose! (^.^)

Thank you for the info. But personally I like buying manga I love (not Italian versions of course, they suck and will always suck no matter what XD)
  8. DanDy
    DanDy
    hi! well'i've read what you wrote about Kappa edizioni and i really have to say that i totally agree. The edition is not bad, but the translation are awful sometimes! çç
    I've bought Crimson Spell and Viewfinder there, but nothing more.
    Anyway now i've just ordered The summit form Flashbook edizioni, and i can say that it's pretty well done =)