40 cl milk (About 1.5 Cups)
    3 egg yolks
    90g sugar (about 1 Cup)
    50g flour (about 1/2 Cup)
    1 vanilla bean
    (optional 100g dark chocolate)

For the puffs
    75g flour (About 3/4 Cup)
    60g butter (a little over 1/2 Cup [.603 Cups] )
    2 eggs
    10cl water (about 1/2 Cup)
    5cl milk (3 1/3 Tablespoons)
    1 tsp sugar
    1 pinch salt

SERVES
    4 connoisseurs

PREPARATION TIME
    Cream: 15 minutes
    Puffs: 15 minutes

To make the cream: put the milk, the split vanilla bean (and the grated chocolate if desired) in a pot and bring to a boil. During that time, put the egg yolks and the sugar in a bowl, and whip for about 5 minutes (until smooth and almost white in color). Add the flour, and mix again until smooth. Slowly pour the boiling-hot milk while stirring until smooth. Put the mix back in the pot, put the pot on medium heat, and stir constantly until the cream boils. At first boil, take the cream out of the heat and let it cool.

To make the puffs: Put water, milk and butter (cut in pieces) in a pot. Add the sugar and the salt, and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Take out of the heat and slowly add the flour, while stirring, until the dough is smooth. Put the pot back on the heat and stir constantly for about one minute, then take out of the heat. Add the eggs one by one, stirring constantly until the dough is smooth. Pre-heat the oven at 220 C (428 F). Put the dough in a pastry pocket, and make 3cm-wide puffs, separated 4cm from each other, on a pastry sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the puffs are brown and puffed.

To stuff the puffs: when the puffs and the cream have cooled, put the cream in a pastry pocket and fill the puffs with the cream.

All the Measurements Are rounded up to the best of my ability. Please forgive if I made a big mistake. To get percise decimal measurments use This Online Converter
  3. LC84DD
    LC84DD
    Iam better at cooking then bakery but i really like Antique Bakery so iam happy about to join your group
  4. Watsonholmes
    Watsonholmes
    Now I'm hungry for cake! But mother is a health nut so we never have any of that stuff around (which is probably a good thing). I like Antique Bakery though, even if my stomach is going to die every time I watch it><
  5. Watsonholmes
    Watsonholmes
    Gave you guys all the pictures I have^_^.
  6. FinnaJei
    FinnaJei
    Thanks Watsonholms! Your pictures are nice! wish there was an Antique Bakery Art Book -drool-
  7. Watsonholmes
    Watsonholmes
    There probably will be one day^_^. Most of these are from crunchy roll anime. I'll try to find some more to upload^_^
  8. FinnaJei
    FinnaJei
    Another Recipie!

Un amour de fraises et sa crème à la noix de coco
    Strawberry Love Dessert and its Coconut Cream

Serves 4 people

You need:
    For the Cream

7 oz mascarpone cheese
    2 Tbsp plain yogurt (creamy texture, like Velouté)
    4 Tbsp grated coconut + more for decoration
    2 Tbsp Confectioner’s sugar
    About 12 to 16 large strawberries

For the Strawberry Coulis

7 oz Strawberries
    Dash of lemon juice (about 1 Tbsp)
    2 oz fine sugar

Steps:

For the Cream

Mix together the mascarpone cheese with the yogurt, sugar and coconut.
    Take a ring mold (mine are 3″ x 2.5″) and place it in the center of a dessert plate (You will share the cream between the 4 servings.
    Wash your strawberries and slice them lengthwise.
    Place them upstraight in the molds, on top of the cream.
    Gently remove the molds.
    Place the desserts in the fridge for 45 mns, so that the creams get firmer (but you can eat it right away too!)

For the Strawberry Coulis

In a food processor, mix together the sugar, with the strawberries and add the squeezed lemon juice.
    Reserve in the fridge.
    Final Touch

To serve
    sprinkle the strawberries with some extra grated coconut and pour some coulis around the cream. It is fresh and delicious. This dessert takes literally 15 mns to make! This counts!
  9. FinnaJei
    FinnaJei
    More Pitctures! Watson you're amazing! <3 lol
  10. Watsonholmes
    Watsonholmes
    Aw it's no problemXD, I'm trying to get some screen caps although I need to find a program that makes good clear pictures^_^
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast