aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Aarin Institute of Technology

1. Purogia
    Purogia
    Welcome, incoming class at the Aarin Institute of Technology! We're all here because we like the techy stuff, right? That was the idea I got from some people's posts (hence the inviting), but if I'm wrong, sorry and don't feel obligated to accept your space. Anyway, any discussion or really interesting science/techy links: always welcome. I've already posted a lot of my thoughts to the forum itself, so I'll spare you those (some LHC stuff, the farm skyscrapers, and space travel as being disconnected from "the network") and let's get started!
  2. sacredmoon
    sacredmoon
    Yay! Thanks for inviting me!
  3. SolarCat
    SolarCat
    Likewise, thanks for the invite. ^_^
  4. kavz30
    kavz30
    *waves at everybody* hello, minna-san!
  5. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    COOLEST GROUP EVER! :d

Also, speaking of futuristic endeavors, I just found THIS video of a walking "big dog robot" from DARPA. It's really disturbing/creepy (so lifelike), but amazing at the same time!
  6. crinkletoes
    crinkletoes
    Yes, ditto! Thanks so much for the invite! This group was definately missing! <3

Yeah I've seen that one, it's great! I love how much effort and detail they put into these robots, whatever their intended use may be ^^ I think the most realistc one i've seen is the worm-like one that swims underwater (can't remember the name of it ^^;;...) but it was mixed in with a video of other state of the art robots on youtube.
  7. Purogia
    Purogia
    My favorite robot so far is Keepon, who is the feature of this music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPdP1jBfxzo

Behind the cuteness there's an interesting idea. One reason interactions with robots can be so uncomfortable is since people have rhythms in their mannerisms, speech, and all of that which are picked up by the person being interacted with. The other person reacts to said rhythm and there's a sort of sync. Of course, most robots never sync, leading to the whole thing feeling wrong to the person. Therefore they have this cute little guy to fix that. Future applications of Keepon in particular include working with autistic children, though robots that are easy to interact with will be generally important.
  8. Xenosari
    Xenosari
    You came up with this in the right time; there's probably going to be lots of things to talk about now that CERN has set the beam synchronization, and is finally about to commence with the crucial experiment on 10 September. It's going to be webcast on their official site, hopefully live. Thanks for invitation, by the way.
  9. Purogia
    Purogia
    Wow, I'm impressed by BigDog. Just a few years ago I'd heard that robots of that type had horrible times with things like the kick or the ice...progress is good.
  10. crinkletoes
    crinkletoes
    @Purogia: Yay, Keepon! <3 XDDD lol. Hmm, I guess I can understand about the rhythms these robots lack, personality is a big importance in meetings or interaction with another afterall, I guess that's why AI robots seem to have more interest and realism to their audience, that being their main 'purpose' as it were. XD
    Actroid DER2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sjV_lxSVQo
    I wouldn't say she was fully AI, but the realism is fantastic.

But the idea of the the robots interacting with these children is a really good idea!

@Xenosari: I hope it's live too XD All the experiments on the collisions should bring great results and hopefully more discoveries too.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast