aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Aarin Institute of Technology

1. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    This is so cool!

"Holy web! In 1901, a 14-year-old student published an article in his school newspaper describing the world of 2001": http://holy-web.blogspot.com/2008/10...published.html
  2. Purogia
    Purogia
    I have to say...I'm having a bit of fun with Suracis's "Forever Math" thread. I may be having too much fun, though, since my questions keep getting...let's just say more and more interesting. Would anyone be up for me doing some sort of contest with trickier mathy things? It'd be much harder than the ones I'm throwing around in the math thread but much easier than Shigure²'s "XTREME Cryptographer Contest", which I do plan on trying to solve once school is over...
  3. Xayu
    Xayu
    Hey, guys, I'm new ^_^
  4. Purogia
    Purogia
    Hey! We definitely need more discussion here, so if anything comes to mind, feel free to bring it up. Yes, that is a hint!
  5. Xayu
    Xayu
    Haha, I'll remember that, then. Don't worry I'll be sure to drop a line if I think of anything worthwhile to talk about. =)
  6. Purogia
    Purogia
    It recently struck me that this would be a very good place to bring up the Putnam exam from a little over a week ago.

http://www.unl.edu/amc/a-activities/.../-pdf/2008.pdf

These were the problems for this year. I'd say which ones I got and didn't get, but that's not as important as which ones will be somewhat easy to people; the list that way goes as follows...hmmm...

A1 is the easiest by far. A2 is pretty simple but takes a bit of thinking. B3 isn't bad but I didn't do it...people with a grasp on undergraduate analysis should try A4 and B2 as well. So yeah, this is me shutting up and discuss the questions!
  7. Purogia
    Purogia
    A few things...

First: Somebody's GOTTA talk here. Come ON, folks, there's interesting stuff if any of us have heard of it...

Second: Has anyone heard much about the experiments they're doing to determine neutrino mass? Actually, anything about how they're dealing with the fact that neutrinos have mass? The latest I've heard of is slightly better than...

Electron neutrino: < 2.2 eV/c^2
    Muon neutrino: < 170 keV/c^2
    Tau neutrino: < 15.5 MeV/c^2

I keep thinking that if neutrinos oscillate from one flavor to another like we know they do, they're also changing mass and...how does that work? Anyone know how they're dealing with that?
  8. TXQ
    TXQ
    Well...lemme see...I've already told you (Puro) about this earlier, but recently they've tried to prove Hardy's Paradox. Physics is THAT retarded (in a good sense) - they're trying to prove a paradox!!

Anyway, you've probably realised by now that I'm in love with Optics, so here's something interesting (or at least I think so):

Cloaking Made Simpler, but Invisible Humans Not Yet a Reality
  9. Purogia
    Purogia
    I'm going to post one of those engineering things that I respect right here:

Nanotube Radio

They made an FM radio out of a grand total of ONE NANOTUBE. As in they do everything they need to do with the signal in one large molecule.
  10. TXQ
    TXQ
    I'm very impressed by this
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast