aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Scanlator's Day

1. KaiLi
    KaiLi
    NOW I find the group... ¬¬
  2. shigrl
    shigrl
    Well KaiLi we are still working on everything. At least I think.
  3. Jade Phoenix
    Jade Phoenix
    I think I'm gonna pick up on this again once my term ends in the early January. Been a hectic months... the past ones... and I feel bad not even being able to be active at Aarin, leave alone in the group. u_u

Anyway, hopefully, in a fresh year, people might tend to help out a bit more, eh? xD
  4. KaiLi
    KaiLi
    Uhm... and what exactly are we doing for Scanlator's Day? I read the posts and found something about a magazine... and I have no idea what's going on... ^^''
  5. coz1134
    coz1134
    I wrote this before I found the group XD *Was going to PM the main people for this* It is good to see people are still working on it, any chances of me being included in your organasation? *acts like a mafia member* Heh heh heh XD

Hello… I’ve been thinking a lot lately about Scanslator's Day, and in my mind – if something keeps popping up in your thoughts you should address it before it becomes a problem.
    I don’t know if any of you are still interested in Scanslator's Day anymore, but I hope you are. I wanted it to happen last year, but for whatever reasons (I, personally, was supposed to help out but due to events in my personal life could not do as much as I had hoped to do) it never did happen.
    I don’t know much about the events that were planned, but I think it would be a good thing to do so I want to (with help) organise a Scanslator's Day for 2010. That way there is a year to plan and prepare everything and six months for any problem(s) that arises during/ after it is all planned.
    It will also give a lot of time to get graphics and so on created for it and to raise awareness of it.
    As I said before, I don’t know if you are still interested in it, and if not that is fine, but if so please let me know so that we can work together on creating a fun day for everyone.

(I know it doesn't really apply anymore, seeing as you are still working on it - but I wrote it so I figured I'd post it XD)

*Just realised that the post after the one before me are from 08* -_-ll
  6. shigrl
    shigrl
    You should have received my pm back coz and KaiLi we were supposed to have a magazine, contests, art work, you name it! I don't think we said anything about animation, but that would have been the only thing left out.
  7. Jade Phoenix
    Jade Phoenix
    I just received your PM, coz... and honestly, I really would like to work on it again. The only problem I faced last time was that some people weren't so co-operative and thus, the infinite delays and eventual give-up. I do have some stuff we prepared lying on my PC somewhere ( will have to search for it ~_~ ) but we'll need more than a handful of people trying to get this done. People really need to get involved more than just voting, if you get my drift!

Anyway, if you guys are willing to pick it up again, I'm in for sure! ^^ Nice to see someone back in here.
  8. coz1134
    coz1134
    @Shigrl: Thanks for replying. I'll check through this thread and check out the links. How far did you get with it all?

@Jade Phoenix: I know, I heard that - I was always too busy, which was a shame because I ended up feeling bad about not being able to send what little I had done to you (though my computer died so I have lost it all now *sigh*). It'd be great if we could use some of the stuff already prepared, that way we have less to do XD

I was thinking of opening a thread titled "Scanslator's Day Revival Team" (Great name for us ne? ) and have in the description thing you can enter now "Looking for volunteers, not voters" and ask for any kind of help people are willing to give (point donations, graphics, writing, throwing interesting ideas around etc.) there as well as ask for dedicated people (aka people who won't say "Yeah I'll help!" then not do anything...) to join this group, where we can talk about things in more depth. Is everyone ok with that?
    I guess there could even be competitions for people to create graphics, fan art, etc. and a thread with questions for scanslators to answer, see if anyone goes for that.
    I'm on a design course at the moment, so I know a few designers. I could ask them if they have time (because they work freelance) to do a few layouts and graphics if we are in need of them.

I'm really pumped about this right now
  9. Jade Phoenix
    Jade Phoenix
    Oh, we can surely use some of the stuff from the last time but I don't think it'd be a good idea to use the artworks/writings or similar stuff cuz we'll need to get the permission from their makers again. Better to launch a whole new fresh thing - so don't make it 'revival', make it 'rebirth', lol. Everything else seems okay to me; I still have the mag layout lying on my PC. We really will need to talk it in depth again though.
  10. coz1134
    coz1134
    Yeah, we should make it fresh - if it were to become an anual occasion then it would be new every year anyway (And, if it goes well, it'll probably grow too ^^v)
    Rebirth actually sounds cooler What about changing it to "recruitment" rather than "team" because it isn't really about us, it is about getting others to join up to it and contribute
    Yeah, I wasn't really that involved last time so I don't know what things look like and whatever... XD
    I'll start trying to think of questions for scanslators. If anyone has any questions they think would be good to ask, post them and I'll add them in. I suppose that we could make a voting thread called "are you a scanslator?" and PM the people who are because if we made a thread everyone could read their and it'd become something everyone already knows everything about ne? I don't know what to do about that, any ideas?

Err... I've wrote up the opening for the Scanslator's Day Rebirth thread, but I don't know where I should post it Do you guys want to read it before I do and see if you think it is ok?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast