aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Hourou Musuko (Transient Son)

1. monsoia
    monsoia
    Hey, I wanted to ask you guys again if any of you have read this manga? It's about a boy who wants to become a girl and his best friend who is a girl who wants to become a boy. There are some stereotypes in it but I thought it was a pretty good/ something you guys might enjoy. I'd love to talk to more people who fit into the 'other' category about this manga.

Hourou Musuko Manga - Read Hourou Musuko manga scans online.
  2. barbaroshima
    barbaroshima
    I know that manga. I found it a while back on mangafox or something.
    I really liked it, but I've had to stop reading it. Gotta give them time to update a few more chapters before going back.
  3. sami
    sami
    I was supposed to be doing my taxes today, but I ended up reading that manga, sigh Thanks for the link monsoia.

It took a few chapters for me to get used to the art at first and I was skipping parts that were less relevant to the main plot. What was funny was that eventhough I´m almost 28, I don´t feel much better of figuring things out than the characters. I ended up doing a lot of comparisons

For sure, a female, crossdressing Is much less provocative to the mainstream than a male doing the same, but at the same time its more difficult to make that kind of a statement if you really want to. I identified with the "free spirit" character who wore whatever on a whim, but I also understood the feeling of liking to be perceived boyish (sometimes girlish, but that is something I´m more embarrassed about). The characters felt really strongly about expressing their gender, which was always more instinctive for me (and less of an issue). Recently I have been more focused on that though cause I also cut my hair short and Ive been crossdressing at work. But I really get away with it and I think people are taking it more as a fashion statement Poor Noririn!

I also ended up thinking how I would perceive the characters, If I were part of their world. I mean because I am androgynous I have a natural interest in people who have similar contradictions with gender than I. But for a transgender person, they would much prefer to be perceived as how they want to appear and not as transgender I think. For example, I would find Noririn interesting as a male wanting to appear girly and not as a girl. Same for the female lead character.
  4. loveDkun
    loveDkun
    I love hourou musuko so much cause it so realistic, and im really happy it become a anime..

but me and my mtf friend like it, it fill fun 2 trans teens a ftm and mtf reading hourou musuko about 2 trans teens