aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

OVA vs. Anime

1. seximonki1989
    Which style do u prefer? Personally, I think I might prefer the OVA style more. I think Shui is much more attractive with red hair and green eyes, and so is Ryu. On top of that, I think the artwork is, despite being the older style, a bit more detailed and meaningful rather than the computer generated looking anime version. And the thing I most like about the OVA has got to be that though its got a lot of humorous moments it's still really deep and touching while the anime is just a series of stupid funny (and mostly pointless) moments. If the OVAs had gotten to be a bit more in detail with the storyline like the anime series is, I'm pretty sure it would be more liked as well.
    Enough of my thoughts though. What do you all think?
  2. lockongirl
    lockongirl
    Yeps, mee too. I Prefer maybe the ova~cause it looks more like the beginning art in Gravi >w< and yeah, older style is better!!! i hate it when some animes (now days) are colored so bright an "not real" >__>''' for example gravitation!!
    so yeah, OVA is more like the real Manga, so it's better!!! >w<b yeah!

aaagh, tehy should just animate the whole show again, with some good animator!! (kyoto animation, deen-- etc xD)
  3. Believeitgirl
    Believeitgirl
    I miss the OVA's. They really shold have kept that going. The anime is cute and all but the OVA's were much better. Like Lockongirl said, its more like the manga then not.
  4. Victor1139
    Victor1139
    I like the randomness of the OVA but I don't like much the character desing (though I agree with the comments about the colors in the anime, its too bright and colorful o_o)
  5. Sessinara
    Sessinara
    I also like the OVA better...the only thing that's disturbing is that Shu-chan isn't singing synchronic...he just opens his mouth randomly...
  6. Victor1139
    Victor1139
    lol its true xD in the OVAs they move their mouths randomly when singing, though in the anime its kinda like that, but in the OVAs is worst D:
  7. Sessinara
    Sessinara
    In the Anime it doesn't look so strange... in the OVA they only put some scenes together and repeat them over and over again...the anime doesn't show that so much...or I didn't pay attention...but I don't think it's like that.
  8. LoveHateObsess
    LoveHateObsess
    i liked the ova because it looked really cool and i love how in the ova yuki isnt such a jerk to shuichi as he was in the anime
  9. Ravie
    Ravie
    I have to say the anime. The OVA was good but it lacked the detail the series gave.