aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

What's your favorite...?

1. Sekah
    Sekah
    Think of this like a questionnaire.

What's your favorite pairing?

Karasu/Kurama, hands down. Mindeffery, dominance, and good, straightforward smut, that's what this pairing is made of.

Cool! What about rare pairing?

Yomi/Yusuke. Thoth Moon turned me onto it with Banana Split [18+]. Toguro/Kurama, too, because hey, barabish (Bara/Bishounen) is hot. Oh, and Rinku/Shura, only as a childish hand-holding thing, not even kissing - I'm not into shota, I just think it's cute when kids get crushes.

And canon pairing?

Kurama/Maya. Nobody does it, certainly not well. Then there's Kuwabara/Yukina, and Natsume/Chuu. Also Koenma/Ayame is made of cute, even though I prefer him with Botan, Sensui or Yusuke. Oh, and TOGURO/GENKAI AND SAKYO/SHIZURU, YES YES YES. Also Yomi's man-crush on Youko Kurama, because - it's so damn canon.

Who's your favorite character? Who's your least favorite character?

Favorite character: Either Kurama, Toguro, or Karasu, depending entirely on my mood. I've always liked Kurama, and he was the first character I fell in love with in the show, but frankly Toguro is a more well-rounded character with more interesting psychology to me.

Karasu is Karasu is Karasu. That is all.

Least favorite character: Hiei. Point-blank. I think he's a copy-and-paste cookie-cutter character with little to nothing new or interesting in his personality that hasn't been seen ten thousand times in ten thousand anime and eighties movies. I find his looks and portrayal in canon and fanon distasteful, his wit lacking, and his moves and weapons choices stupid. Why would you choose to learn a technique that is more likely to get you and all your allies killed than anything else? One that, in later fights, knocks you unconscious as a requisite, and makes necessary body parts useless or close to that in earlier ones? He basically chose to master a move that demanded that someone else be with him and taking care of him at all times, and did it while spouting things like 'friends are a crutch for the weak.' I could go on.

What was your favorite fight? What was your least favorite fight?

Least favorite: Kuwabara vs. Rinku, just because it was unsatisfying and kind of a throw-away match.

Favorite: Karasu vs. Kurama, followed closely by The Beautiful Suzuka (Suzuki) vs Genkai. I give her credit for the nose.
  2. Itsjustme182
    Itsjustme182
    What's your favorite pairing?
    Hiei and Kurama but Hiei and Yusuke comes close
  3. BloodRiot
    BloodRiot
    Fav Parings (in order)
    YomiXKurama. Hands down. I love their complicated and undistinguishable relationship; they don’t like each other but hey don’t hate each other either and the past hold more sway over things than any amount of influence ever can.
    Yomi aches over the scar that Kurama left and struggles with his more or less faulty and exaggerated view of Kurama (which borders on paranoia and jealously); Yomi likes to play his little power games… and Kurama lets Yomi play his little games.
    You never really know what either of them are thinking (or planning)… that’s what makes them a good pairing.
    KuronueXKurama. This is one of those true, fundamental parings I believe in. Kurama aches and pains over Kuronue’s death, as if he’s still mourning, even though so much time has passed. That conveys the depths of their relationship…
    KarasuXKurama. Very BDSM *S*******
    YusukeXKurama *Shrugs* It works…
    Rare pairing
    ToguruXKurama, Heavy dominance…
    SunsuiXKurama, *Shrugs* Cool…
    KaitoXKurama, I know, I’m weird. But I can’t help it…
    Canon pairing
    KoenmaXBotan
    Fav character
    Kurama. He’s tricky, deceitful, cold, sly, egoistical, arrogant, controlled and oh so dangerous. Kurama shows no mercy, he is capable of immense cruelty and he psychologically tortures his victims; but at the same time there’s a ray of something else in there but it’s hard to tell if the care is theatrical or not… Kurama captures my interest, because he’s never to be trusted, you never know what he’s thinking…
    Yomi. Another complicated character with issues, who’s obsessed with Kurama…
    Kuronue. We can’t really tell Kuronue’s personality because he’s only shown from Kurama’s point of view. But he’s close to Kurama, and he appears to be one of the few people Kurama actually likes and considers worth his time of day…
    Genkai. One of the best female characters EVER!
    Least fav character
    Keiko, Botan, Hiei and Yusuke. They are trite and cliché… but important to the story unlike Kuwabara who is just filler (the story wouldn’t be much different without him…)
    Fav fight
    Karasu vs. Kurama was epic (Kurama won, you assholes!!!! God damnit!) Kurama vs Shigure, and Kurama vs elder Toguro gave me chills.
    Most fights with Genkai... nuf said.
    Least fav fight
    Yusuke vs Sensui (God damn it! Why won’t he just Die!!
  4. ShiseiNoMiko
    ShiseiNoMiko
    Favourite Pairings:
    Kuronue/Kurama - Okay, so I know that Kuronue is BARELY seen... an we only see the "real" Kuronue telling Kurama to run and save himself for a grand total of like half a minute, but I don't care, they are so gorgeous together. Also, from what Kurama describes of Kuronue, the demon meant a lot to him, and because you don't see a lot of Kuronue, you can play with their relationship so freely! About all we really know about Kuronue is that he was one of the few thieves with honor, he would risk himself for his partner, and that speaks well of his character.

Kurama/Hiei - Cliche and overdone I know, but I can't help but adore it none the less. What's fun about this pairing, is the fact that you can make Kurama such a tease, and really mess with Hiei's head. Also, because Hiei is perfect for some wonderful 1st person POV stories and monologues, and you can get so deliciously angsty with the two. It kinda helps that half the fandom thinks they're canon XD (I am not one of those fans though).

Yusuke/Kurama - Okay, I INSIST that if he weren't in love with Keiko, he'd be all over Kurama like white on rice. Ever since the incident with the mirror, Yusuke and Kurama have a connection that cannot be denied, he cares for the fox. A LOT. I've had many a fun adventure writing fan fics where Yusuke goes insane trying to sort out his feelings for Kurama, and how guilty he feels because he's supposed to love Keiko... some delicious fan art has come of it too.

Rare Pairing:
    Itsuki/Sensui: Yes, I know they are pretty well classified as canon, but I am putting them in the rare slot, because no one seems to write for them. I know I've found next to no fanfiction for these two (perhaps I am not looking hard enough), but they are so, so sweet! I love Itsuki's devotion! No matter how far gone Sensui is, Itsuki will follow and oh, it just grips at me, I can't help but adore it.

Canon Pairing:
    Yusuke/Keiko - Oh, insane since I stated I love Yusuke and Kurama together right? However, despite that, I do like Yusuke and Keiko as well. Playful and perverted or not, he's still utterly devoted to and protective of her, it's sweet. I've always really liked it.

Kuwabara/Yukina - I love it, I just do, I don't care how insane that seems.

Fav Character:
    Kurama - Mysterious and beautiful. No one can ever really tell exactly what Kurama is thinking and one could probably never really know what his true motive for anything are. He can be brutally cruel, but then be very merciful and wise. Kurama is a character that fills me with curiosity and intrigue... the fact that he's not hard to look at is merely a bonus ^_~

Yusuke - Just a sweetheart, and so flippin' hilarious. I love the fact that although he comes across as an absolute jerk, he's got a good heart deep down and it truly caring. Yusuke is awesomesauce.

Kuronue: What other partner and thief would give up their life telling their partner to run away? They say there's "no honor amongst thieves" FEH! Nuts to that! Kuronue has honor from the glimpse we get of him and from what Kurama says of him, plenty of it. Minimal appearance or not, he was my favourite side character in the movie.

Karasu - Oh how deliciously creepy he is! One of the only characters to be able to get under Kurama's skin and make him lose his cool. I just love that eerie nature of his.

Least Fav Character:
    Elder Toguro - Freakin' DOUCHE. 'Nough said.

Fav Fight:
    Kurama vs. Karasu - Kick ass fight, with out a doubt. Watching the desperation in Kurama to win was so fantastic, and watching Karasu just creep under his skin was even better. Although I was disappointed with the outcome... DEATH SHOULD OVERRIDE ANY TEN COUNT! Kurama won, end of story.

Least Fav Fight:
    Yusuke vs. Hiei - The one from the Spirit Detective Saga when Hiei was still a "villain." I was just really irritated with Hiei and his attitude. Never enjoyed that fight much.
  5. Caelum17
    Caelum17
    Favourite Pairings:

Kuronue/Kurama - I'm going to sound so shallow on this, but they look so good together. I know that might not be the best reason, but they really do. And I know that we really don't know Kuronue at all, but If Kurama likes him and thinks he's worth his time, then I think so to. XD

Kurama/Hiei - I'm really weird with this one. Sometimes I really don't like it, but every now and then I find a fic or picture that reminds me why I love these two together. Also I think that Hiei lets Kurama be himself, whether that's as a ruthless Demon, a polite highschooler, or a a tease. They have so much chemistry, it's almost cruel not to do something with it.

Kurama/Yusuke - I'm not even sure why I like this pairing. It's just one of those that you really can't help but like. They're so cute together and they balance each other out, without canceling each other out.

Kurama/Yusuke/Hiei - Okay, this is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine, that I can't ignore. I know that not everyone likes threesomes and what not, but I adore this pairing from the bottom of my heart.

Koenma/Yusuke - I find them funny together and cute. I know that's not the best reason to like a pairing, but sometimes you just like pairings because you like them, sure there maybe a very in depth reason you like them if you look deep enough, but some pairings just work and for me this one really does.

Rare Pairing:

Kuronue/Yusuke - I can't seem to find any fics or anything about this. But I think that they could work. Something about them, could really work.

Jin/Yusuke - This is one of those I love both characters, so why not put them together? Kind of pairings. I've read a few good fics with them together and they are adorable!

Canon Pairing:

I don't really like any specific Canon Pairing. I don't hate any, but I'm pretty indifferent to them. I use to have a thing of Yusuke/Keiko, but not anymore.

Fav Character:

Kurama - He's just so interesting. He has so many sides, but they all work together. He's a mystery and beautiful. He's kind, but ruthless, Charming, polite but if you piss him off he'll still kill you. And his love for his mother is beautiful. I adore Kurama.

Yusuke - Yusuke's one of those characters, that even though he seems like a walking talking cliche, you still love him. He's a punk and something of a loser, but he has a huge heart and is willing to do what it takes to protect others. He isn't afraid to do what he has to save the world, even if it means that he has to kill someone or do something that isn't socially or morally right. He's not afraid to be himself and I admire that. Also he's not shamed to say that sometimes all he wants is a good fight and that he enjoys it. He's bloodthirsty without seeming to be. He's just an all around fun character.

Hiei - Hiei, Hiei, Hiei, what to say about Hiei? Well he's an idiot for one and has a big attitude problem. But I still love him. He's had a hard life and I can relate to that and I can understand why he's a moron sometimes.

Jin - It's the accent. I am willing to admit it. Something about that accent drives me wild and I love him for it. He's just do fun! I love him to death.

Sensui - I know, I know bad guy, not suppose to like him. But I do. He's so crazy and wacko, but he had a reason to be. And I have a soft spot for psychotic characters. I love how in the end all he wanted was a good fight.

Kuronue I know next to nothing about him, but Kurama likes him and anyone that Kurama is willing to call his PARTNER, not sidekick or what not, is worthy my time and love.

Least Fav Character:

Kieko - She annoys me. I don't hate her or anything. But she annoys me. The only time I can stand her is in fanfiction and shes not with Yusuke.

Fav Fight:

Yusuke vs. Sensui - People can hate on it all they want, but I love his fight. It's two people that love to fight, giving it their all. What's better then that. Though, I have to admit the ending of the fight, pissed me off.

Least Fav Fight:

Yusuke vs. Hiei
    - It was boring and While i love Hiei, he was being a complete douche in this. I'm not afraid to admit when my fav characters are being stupid.
  6. Sayukax
    Sayukax
    Favorite pairing:
    Definitely Hiei x Kurama. They are just so perfect together.

Rare Pairing:
    Itsuki and Sensui. Being the chapter on them so short, i doubt there is alot of fics on them, but Itsuki's love for Sensui is definitely real.

Canon pairing:
    The only canon I can see is Keiko x Yusuke, Genkai x Toguro, Itsuki x Sensui. Others are just loads of hintings.

Favorite and Least Favorite character:

Favorite is Kurama and Hiei on the top.. I just like them. LoL, pretty superficial but.. I always go for my feelings.

Least Favorite is.. Elder Toguro i guess. Being real evil and all. But it all ends quite well.

Favorite Fight & Least Favorite Fight:

Favorite should be the fight between Yusuke and Toguro, seeing their friendship really touched me.
    Least Favorite i guess is the tournament from the Three Kings Saga, I read the chapters it was soooo fast. didn't really enjoy it.