aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Death Note

1. cyber_cyber
    cyber_cyber
    you guys, how do you interpret L's name? Lawliet. do you think this name suits him?
  2. kurorinslvr
    kurorinslvr
    I like that name.

does anyone watch the dubbed version. I enjoy enjoy watching it n saturday and commenting on the board at adult swim. Especially when the people doesn't know what will happen and have those theories, which some of them are pretty acurate.
  3. flagfish
    flagfish
    Lawliet is his last name. Every now and again I run into atrocious fics where they refer to Lawliet as his first name and it's like...ugh. As for the dub - it's not as bad as I initially expected it to be. I wanted L to have an English accent though I swear, Misa has the same voice as chibiusa.

I also liked how they changed the chauvinistic comment "Light, you can sew - you must be popular with the ladies" to "Light, you're good with your hands - you must be popular with the ladies." So much hotter too <3
  4. kurorinslvr
    kurorinslvr
    i know Misa's voice is the same.
  5. GeoffsGem
    GeoffsGem
    I don't like the acting for L in the dub I'm kinda pretending it does not exist along with other things that I don't like...
    The pics of L are so cute! *huggles him*
  6. Echoes_of_Angels
    Echoes_of_Angels
    Hey there, new in the group ^^'!
    I love Death note, I've watched the whole series and the live movies as well
    Er...but I'm a bit lost in the conversation :s
    But the pics of L are so cute!
  7. forestchild
    forestchild
    I can't really deal with dubs because it feels like the characters change when English voices are added..as if the actors have no concept of who the character they're voicing is. Not to mention there are only a couple of English voice actors that I hear. This makes me shudder cause I can't stand most of their voices. But Death Note is amazing so...and Obviously I am a fan...
  8. GeoffsGem
    GeoffsGem
    @forestchild Yeah I get what you are saying there is very lil acting going on in dubs it seems sadly...and Deathnote needs good acting I tought the actors in the jaspanese verion where spot on.
  9. nemine
    nemine
    eew, dubs. can't stand those >__>

(how lame first comment~ )
  10. flagfish
    flagfish
    stop hating on the dub! It really isn't that bad! Before I saw it I thought they would ruin my precious death note, but they didn't! It's not that bad so shoosh!
Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast