aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Death Note

1. NeonRose223
    NeonRose223
    hi artx-chan we meet again! mello x matt omg how can i forget mikami...haven't seen much of the light x mikami pairing around though =(
  2. flagfish
    flagfish
    please let's not get philosophicl about DN, especially considering the writer, himself, was pretty limited in both his knowledge of sciecne and his actual motivation to learn science. Yeah, it's a better thought-out story than your typical manga, but it's hardly 'genius.'

As for the Light/Teru pairing, well, I like teru, he's cute and I feel sorry for him, but it just doesn't sit right with me. L and Light are like two sides of the same coin and the way Light killed L and then got with Teru kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

also, like I said to amo, the LxLight pairing was largely when light was "innocent," but the Light x Teru pairing is when Light is kira, and I like him so much more when he's innocent.
  3. NeonRose223
    NeonRose223
    the reason why there isn't many (if any) Light x Teru Mikami stuff around is just as you said flagfish-san. it's also true that i do prefer Light when he's innocent; the evil Light just makes me want to bash him out of his senses (sorry for offending evil-Light fans reading this! *bows*)
  4. ArtxDamage
    ArtxDamage
    Well I understand what you guys are saying but to me the LightxMikami would still be mad hot :3 & Plus I just happen to like crazy, egotistical, evil dudes with God complexes >.> So I like both sides of Light.. althought don't get me wrong L is my little pet but somehow it annoys me seeing nothing but LightxL (no offense.. plus I like LxNear better... I know I'm such a pain) I know this is offtopic but how come Mikami got to have a flashback and stuff when not many other people did ?? o.o
  5. xfangirlx
    xfangirlx
    hmmm...Artx... iunno maybe the writer liked him honestly i dont know ...

but i much prefer LxLight .. and MelloxNear(either way round). and matt and mello is pretty cute and how about the pairing....
    MatsudaxL ? now to me thats an odd pairing it has its ups an downs with me.. >> and yes i much prefer innocent Light hes cute like that ... i liek evil guys but.. Kira doesnt do anything for me :/ im afraid ..
  6. GeoffsGem
    GeoffsGem
    MXM cute...cute? how is it...cute it's a pairing about two danger junkies with more iussues the new york times trying to make something of thier nasty and confuseing lives before they both come to burtal ends! it's a pairing ripe for kink and darma...but...cute i fail to see the cute here.

we all like doe eyed Light more it seems who's shocked. He's alot more fun when he's all "justice will pervail!' and 'i'm not kira!' and he means it. Granted it's kind of sad it knowing he will again be 'killed' by Kria ...I always saw Light as a victum of the deathnote in a way...

and yes it's true the writer did like Mikami more and gave him a background over it. He was liked more because he was a diffrent verson of the boy who was in the frist Deathnote idea before Light. It's in all in 'How to read'
  7. flagfish
    flagfish
    Even I, myself, am astonished by the sheer length of this post.Tried to put it in spoiler tags, didn't work.

.......L? A little pet? Excuse me?

L IS BIG MAN SEME.

Light is the little pet.

And I never got the L x Near pairing. Other than Near just plain not being likeable, he doesn't admire L or have any kind of affection for him. Yeah, he's similar to L, but there's no intimacyor anything. Now L x Mello, that's a beautifully obsession-driven pairing.

But really, I don't care how tired people may grow of LxLight, that really is my "one true pairing." They're two sides of the same coin (where the L half is BIG MAN SEME), it's just perfect and hot on so many levels.

and like I said, I'm not against the Light x Teru pairing really, I mean, it has stong basis in canon and they're both hot, it's just that well, L and Light are so perfect together that it just doesn't sit right with me.

Incidentally, there's a very hot (raw) Light x Teru doujin where Light is telling Teru to do dirty things over the phone, have you seen that one?

Light is definitely very cute (when he's not being a total asshole in which case I just don't like him), and while yes, bloody, he's a victim of the DN, he's also a victim of L, when L ties him up and puts ice cubes in him, at which point Light is even more cute.

But to be honest, I'm perpetually irritated that in this story the death gods are portrayed as neutral, part-symbolic spectators 'beyond the scope of the ugly nature of humanity.' The tragedy in this story is really all the death gods' faults, it really didn't sit right with me when Near was all hating on Light but being all 'oh, how amusing' neutral with Ryuk.

I do have a soft spot in my heart for Ryuk x Light, though.

About that part in How to Read where the writer talked about giving Teru a background - I think several times the writer emphasized that he doesn't like reminiscing on characters' past and backgrounds in his stories; the fact that he gave some background about Teru was an exception but I wasn't under the impression that it stemmed from any kind of favoritism.

Notice that while they never really delve in detail into L's background, at least in the anime they show hints about him growing up at Wammy's, so in a sense you could say he got a bit of a background, too.

Either way, the more I read How to Read, the more disillusioned and disgusted I became with the writer, he ranged at times from disappointingly shallow to outright chauvinistic, and I'm sure in real life he's just not cute and a total fatass, but I also developed a mixture of compassion and affection for the artist who apparently gave the story life where the writer was careless, and I bet he's super hot and all about yaoi tiemz.

Where was I?

Oh, yes.

Matt x Mello. Well, bloody, again, I think this pairing is "cute" in the sense that it's charming. MxM definitely have character and that's one of the main reasons I fell for this pairing.
  8. xfangirlx
    xfangirlx
    *agrees with nearly*everything flag has said* yes its charming on many levels and yes bloody im well aware that matt and mello are twisted incredibly insane weirdos -.- ... but they can be cute sometimes i read a doujin recentlly that was so adorable! and i mean sweet *o* ...
    and still why do people assume that manga artists and writers are hot all the time? >_> isnt that a bit stereo-typish ... i mean im planning my own manga and i want to be anonymous... no-one will kno what i look like or if im male of female... and yes i kno my name says fanGIRL* however... i might not be a girl >_>
    ok back on subject i just dont think of artists in looks i think of them in there personality, art its supposed to express there characters not what they look like... thats my view on these things... >_> i think it just annoys me when people judge people by there looks... plus i soughta get why the death gods are like the way they are... .there soughta liek "fu** i dropped my death note and now a stupid twat human has got it .. damn!* so they just sit around and are liek "wtf?" most of the time but i think its generally because small lil lighto and wateva pro'bly couldnt deal with actually talking to A god... for reasons .... it'd be funny if ryuk just turned round and said... "lighto.....-- stfu .. u are a human i am a god so gtfo!?" yah ... sorry randomness --'
  9. GeoffsGem
    GeoffsGem
    *twicthes from hearing MXM called cute again* i think charming is a very good word for it flag, they are charming. But it's a charm stemming from the danger and trills of them, they're not cute lil moe moe boys that's what i was driveing at.

Yes reading 'how to' is kind of depressing. o0 I mean it's a bit shocking to find out how slipshod some things where done or how hasty the writer was at points. But as a full time writer myslef I could see someone reading an interview with me and being like 'oh god she admits she was DRUNK when she came up with that?!'

I guess it's just a good idea to keep in mind we're all human we make mistakes no one ever lives up to what you want them to be. Maybe that's a point of deathnote...there's no one in that cannon who's not so flawed they would make a not fun person to be around at least sometimes.

and flag do not tease me about ice cubes on nipples and such. I am so lucky I am the only one reading that you have no idea how much I fangirl on you and amo's insanity.
  10. xfangirlx
    xfangirlx
    ahhhh! dammit bloody in the manga and anime odviously ther not cute! ahh ... *puts hand on forhead* i meant* as in somepeople who draw DOUJINS draw mello and matt cute for instance... a neko mello and such ... hah.... and sometimes they give them cute stories to go along with instead of classic dangerthrill stuff your talking about so.... thats what i was trying to say ... -.-' sorry just in a really bad mood...
Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast