aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Importing yaoi to Malaysia is illegal??

1. nanaxkyo
    hi,
    i ask my friend from overseas where can i buy yaoi manga online and she told me that importing yaoi to Malaysia is illegal.is that true?i never heard about this before.i've been craving to buy some yaoi manga for the past 2 years but i can't find any online shop that suitable for me,i mean...yes i have found a few but seems that i have a problem with the shipping since it won't accept PO Box Address.i'm sorry if it's troubling but i really need help here.Thanks in Advance
  2. aarinfantasy
    aarinfantasy
    Hi there, it is actually not allowed in Malaysia... but a lot of things that are not allowed in Malaysia are still openly available such as fake branded goods like handbags etc. However, there are a lot of times yaoi manga or materials are allowed into Malaysia if you do or order properly... most of the time they pass the Customs.

You cannot order or import yaoi manga through Free Shipping which does not include tax. You must order them by paying tax, which means shipping through EMS. Sites that you can order are from: Amazon or Akadot... these are a few sites that I have ordered from, but as always they are very expensive when it comes to shipping.

Next best thing is just go to our Borders bookstore and check out the manga section, there are some BL titles there... look out for publishers such as June, 801, SubLime, BLU and a few more I can't remember. Please remember to try be discreet or quiet about it, as we don't really want to spread it to people who hates yaoi and made them get banned like what happened to Kinokuniya. If can, you just buy and keep it to yourself ^^;
  3. ringhelediel
    ringhelediel
    Hullo, bit late in the conversation here, thanks for the info. Just wondering what are the chances of getting some yaoi shipped into Malaysia without customs ripping through my parcels? From my googling I've read that some have had no issues, but some have had a few pages of their shoujo magazine torn out even. Have had to think twice before ordering some "In These Words" hard copy. Am checking with the sellers directly but would be great if forumers could share some of their own experience?

You cannot order or import yaoi manga through Free Shipping which does not include tax.

I thought they would count as books, which are non-dutiable items?

Cheers~

p/s: Forever worrying about yaoi being recognized in Malaysia and alerting TPTB here. Getting harder to find yaoi titles in Kino nowadays.