aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Malaysian Fans!

1. aarinfantasy
    aarinfantasy
    Ahh... AnimeTech and those so-called legit anime DVD stores... if you see those unlicensed anime for sale on DVD in any shops, you know it's a rip-off. Not only from fansub groups like AarinFantasy, but also bootleg versions from HongKong/China (their Eng translation is just horrible since they did Eng to Chinese in direct translation which made everything very funny). I discourage ppl to buy from there.

I do not know of any store in Msia that sells actual/legit anime DVDs especially yaoi ones (Please tell me if there is). That's why I am buying only from well-known online stores nowadays.
  2. kavz30
    kavz30
    hi aarin, your post about the horrible Chinese to Eng sub on these DVDs are absolutely correct! *ROFL* makes my head ache trying to figure out what the characters mean. even worse, some of these translations change the characters' names!!! *fumes*

which is why, AMEN for the fansubbers all over the world!!! (wish i could help but my Jap is nil)

@sef - i'm just going to the con at MidValley cos I'm curios - probably not gonna buy anything *LOL* probably will see ya there, huh?
  3. cheezy
    cheezy
    @ sef: They're selling yaoi artbooks there? *kira kira eyes* Gotta get viewfinder artbook for my friend... weeee!!~ And I've gotten my JR artbook from Kino today, the art is love <3 Since I was there, I went and bought vol 1 - 9 of JR too, they didn't allow me to buy vol 10 since it's reserved *_* My wallet's empty now >_<

@rage78: But it's kinda funny to watch those anime with weird dubbing, spices things up... sometimes... I haven't been watching anime since manga's been taking up most of my time.
  4. Chikaru
    Chikaru
    Hi? I never saw the existence of this group before. That just proves how long I've never been around the forum. Anyway, I'm from the east side where places like Kinokuniya does not exist. Very sad... I can't just fly over just to go and buy some of those things.
  5. sef
    sef
    @Chikaru: welcome......I see *pats on head* there's lots of website around which can satisfied your need!

@cheezy: yes, 1U animetech! and you manage to buy JR till vol. 9??? really?

@kavz: of course see ya there, but shall we keep our identity a secret for each other?? Oh, i totally love the mysterious meeting...

@Aarin: the truth is there's none, maybe you be the first! I totally gonna be the first as your loyal customer! On the other side, I'm actually quite lucky since most of the anime dvds I bought ~ their translation was actually quite good...except some recent ones .
  6. Chikaru
    Chikaru
    >> sef: Thanks. True. There are a lot of sites but I can't purchase things online. Got no credit card to do so. Anyway, I'm currently residing in the west for my studies. I'll go looking around...
  7. valkyriensz
    valkyriensz
    hi minna...sorry 4 d hiatus...i was resting yesterday from onlining coz my asthma's still killing me...plus my internet connection was suck & hating me =___=' resulting me to halt all my anime download activities

speaking of animetech & anime stores in kotaraya eh...i used to buy from kotaraya b4 (coz that time i don't really know how to download/leeching) but as u all said, the subtitles r so confusing ' but if u insist to buy the cheap ones, make sure u buy the LF (lambaian filem) publications...their eng translation is quite ok compares with Aniplex<---i've wasted more than RM150 buying both gintama & KKM dvds; sadly the Aniplex's eng sub had me going half insane TT___TT can u imagine, KKM murata's name they put as "motors"??? gintama hero's gintoki they called "ginta"? '' what a laughing stock...plus i can never understand what were they talking about n the scenes which suppose to be funny became meaningless to me.....i can't stand watching them anymore!! i'm so grateful i have KKM's aarinfantasy sub *cries in relieved & hugs aarinfantasy's staffs* thank u aarinfantasy!!!! now what should i do with those dvds then?? o__O' should i throw them away? give to someone i known? re-sell to whoever wants them? *sigh*

@eva
    poor u.....how could they get mad @ u since u were not deliberately break that promise?? oh well, hopefully they can share the enjoyment of the event with u then we can have u share with us ne? *blink blink* ^^ heehee...just kidding!

@chikaru
    welcome to the group!!! *waves*
  8. Chikaru
    Chikaru
    >> valkyriensz: Thanks. Bad connection? I'm having that problem too. Sad...

Since the topic is about discs with really bad subtitles...

That's a very common problem. That's why I hate to buy the discs from the shop available. It's just labeled to be original but it's obviously not. They just love to translate it from the Chinese subs. Even so, they translated it very badly. Direct translation. Sometimes, when I was watching an anime with subtitles from a disc, I can understand the Japanese and realised that they've made so many mistakes. There are even some translated sentences that doesn't make sense at all no matter how you look at it. *sigh* But, I did come across some very good subtitled ones. For example, the Gravitation DVD I had. The subtitles were really good. Like fansubs made but it's not. I guess that's just luck.
  9. suetlana
    suetlana
    Hi! minna-san, It's good to see this place so lively (^_______^)

@chikaru: Hi!sorry for the late welcome ^^;.

@valkyriensz: O_o god! That translation sucks! I really hate it when they change the name of the character. It making me confused.

@cheezy: wow! 9 vol! ahh..I'm jealous. so we actually still be able to buy yaoi manga there.

And happy holiday~~ won't be online for a week after this. See you after the holiday
  10. cheezy
    cheezy
    @chikaru: \o/ aloha!~

@valkyriensz: Hope you're feeling better today. Streamyx's being *****y these few months, keep getting dced from programs >_< I'm guessing you can resell those DVD O.O or recycle them...

@sef: Animetech... those aren't published by the original publisher right? Usually they're cheaper and missing few pages here and there. I'd rather pay the extra RM20++ and buy them at Kino. But if Kino doesn't allow me to order them, guess I'll head over to Animetech to get it =D And yea, I've gotten JR till vol 9 >_< can't wait for them to call me to say vol 10 and Hybrid Child's here though...

@suetlana: I didn't know they bring yaoi manga in till last few days ago. Heck, I tried asking them so many times for the past few years and they don't want to bring them in for me . But yea, they do have them now, some on the shelf, but most of them hiding in their stock. Gotta muka tembok ask for it XD When I browse through yesterday, I saw 'Brother x Brother' and 'Mangetsu Monogatari' on the shelf in jap sec. =p Gonna try my luck on getting 'Na mo Naki Toni no Tobu Yaoke' next month. Happy holidaying, I'll be stuck at work sob...

I'm guessing they used google or bablefish to translate those subtitles into English, they don't make sense anyway XD The Gravitation DvD I bought screwed up their names so badly I can't stop laughing at it even though it's suppose to be a serious moment. It's like they simply add in a name for them and worst of all it's in chinese pinyin, which is wrong.
Page 27 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast