aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Latest bl manga purchase and which shop?

1. aarinfantasy
    aarinfantasy
    The Borders Queensbay Mall carries more yaoi than I expected and one caught my eye cuz the cover totally said it all! LOL It's at the most bottom shelf but it did caught my eye! It's practically semi-naked guys on each other at the cover! The title is "U don't know me" (under Manga U) and it's from Korean mangaka. The artwork is good though the story is a bit cheesy... worth RM33.90 and the cover/pages quality is WAY better than Junjou Romantica's (which I dislike the inside paper quality).

I also got the last book on the shelf "Live For Love"... this one I feel it's kinda same like "U don't know me" in terms of the uke and seme. And this one is worth RM43.90. Both of these mangas are one-shots cuz they dont have Volume number.

I got only a few manga titles on hand (cuz I dislike reading from scanlations due to the bright light and I need focus on the screen too much, and I like reading things on my palm/hands) and the best I like by far is still Crimson Spell which is the one and only I didn't buy locally. It's from Amazon.com... but I really love that one - story, art, paper quality, everything. But too bad the Eng version comes out really slow after each volume.

As much as I wanna download also and know it's cheaper, but buying a few books for "collection on my shelf for display" is something I always wanna do. And not to mention the best reason - Supporting original and helps yaoi going. Although we share things in the forum also lah~ LOL

~
  2. valkyriensz
    valkyriensz
    @Aarin
    What's the latest volume/chapter of Crimson Spell that you have bought by online? I only have the only volume 1 which I bought locally (the only one lucky day I had when I eyed the manga just before the banning issue) ^^' ah! Borders Queensbay Mall has more yaois in?? Gotta rush there tomorrow after class!! *burning mode*

Oh yeah, supporting original is really important though I do both (downloads & buy ori BL mangas) but I seldom read the downloaded manga lately because my eyes irritate easily when I focus my laptop screen & also my spectacles power already increased drastically T__T So I just wasted my hard disc space to keep the downloaded mangas & read only the ori ones as Aarin does XP ehee~
  3. cheezy
    cheezy
    I think the ban in Kinokuniya only applies to those US published books? 'Cause I could order Japanese tankouban from Kinokuniya all the time, even with the ban there back in Malaysia. And the people behind the counter didn't say they won't bring them in for us. I guess it's cheaper to order though Kinokuniya for Japanese tankouban, since I don't have to pay for the bloody expensive shipping from Japan if I order from Amazon.jp. Latest BL manga I got here in SF is Sekaiichi Hatsukoi vol 3.
  4. iruka92
    iruka92
    @cheezy Japanese tankouban? What is that? *sorry. I'm kinda lame* >_<"

Oh well, I haven't been out to KL for a while but yeah, shounen-ai are pretty much available at Gardens the last time I went there .. I do want to buy VF online but how do you know whether the seller can be trusted? I've seen bids from YA's Amazon website but I can't be sure whether they're selling the real thing or boot leg .. (before another user commented that its the german version of VF) . Once I've asked Neko Tales on VF titles and she said that there's only 100 copies of English version are available worldwide once its released, so I guess .. we couldn't get them.. *sigh*

The closest thing to VF that I've seen is the YA's VF artbook which features a special chapter of Viewfinder inside. A friend bought it and its in Japanese for about RM50?
  5. sakurai93
    sakurai93
    @iruka.. japanese tankoubon is kinda like a complation of manga.. kinda like arena komik and kreko in malaysia. it's contains the latest chapter of all manga.. like bleach and naruto from shonen jump while for some yaoi manga, they're from BexBoy , Hertz, etc..

@cheezy.. wow.. you bought a yaoi tankoubon from kino? they didnt sell it and i was curious whether they will take an order if it's a yaoi one.. >.<" i only bought tankoubon like asuka.. maybe i will buy zero-sum and g-fantasy some other time.. XP
    i dont know that the price is higher if you buy it online since i never bought it online.. thanks for the information. XD

yeah. i remembered about asking kino that i want to order a DMP novel which is OTRFK. they said that they couldnt get the book as their distributors were not stocking the item. they didnt say anything about the ban though..
  6. cheezy
    cheezy
    Yea, tankouban's compiled chapters into a volume. I'm pretty sure you can even order B's log books too, I've gotten quite a few titles from that publisher from Kinokuniya. And I'm pretty sure Kadokawa's books are safe, you can order them, there are quite a few bl novels left on the KL Kinokuniya shelf by that publisher the last time I checked. You can try using amazon.co.jp to get some of the manga, they are selling some in really good condition second hand manga for 1yen and even with the shipping cost, it still doesn't come up to RM 32 per manga with Kinokuniya's price.

VF's English published books are like gems here. You can really auction the books at ridiculous price and people still bids for them. D:
  7. valkyriensz
    valkyriensz
    That's really such a pain to get those valuable mangas while our economy is keep slumping lower =__=' sheesh

@cheezy: I wish I can read japanese like ya >__<' iyaaaa~ wanna read tankouban too~
  8. kavz30
    kavz30
    moshi moshi!

it's been a while since i last visited the forum - will pop over to the other thread and introduce myself properly again *chuckles*

surprisingly, borders garden/midvalley does sell bl, but it goes like hot cakes! 2-3 days on the shelf before the requested titles goes out of stock! it's happened to me a few times!

right now, i'm one contented kitty - finally have all 6 of the AnK novels, and 10 Junjo Romantica volumes. Both titles were bought either from here in KL or online (conversion of costs totally bankrupted me several months!) but i figure they're worth it *grins* i love them to bits!!!
  9. sakurai93
    sakurai93
    @cheezy oh.. so it's cheaper to buy at kino.. XD btw if you buy it online, how long will it take to arrive here? it takes 2 weeks for kino, so will it be longer or faster from amazon, etc??

@kavz30 moshi moshi.. ^^ wow.. you have lots of money.. XD
  10. kavz30
    kavz30
    @sakurai, not really - i'm lucky that the books didn't come all at once. AnK novels would be several months apart, as well as Junjo, so i made sure to set aside the amount for it (and check up on Kino the moment they received their stock - this was prior to the damm ban). It helped that i made a book wishlist so that i wouldn't overspend
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast