aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Latest bl manga purchase and which shop?

1. yarvessa
    yarvessa
    Hey, I was wondering whether any of you has ever bought from this site before >>> Guilt|Pleasure -- The Online Store
    I'm really tempted to buy things from there but I'm scared that Malaysian customs would take my package because of the company's name... ><
  2. Adrian76
    Adrian76
    Umm I havent tried but I guess they would be registered under a different name?? You can check with them.
  3. LucaEiri
    LucaEiri
    Hey there~ I just joined the group, hadn't notice this group at all and I'm not really frequently online here.

@Adrian76
    I'm curious.. I hardly get out of the house, so I was wondering to ask you where Gardens is located? The Borders there still sell yaoi mangas there? and you mention about Junjou Romantica and Sekai.. how far along are the volumes available there? KKM too..

also, I've been itching to buy some of the titles I'm interested online and wondered what and where and how.. is the safest I could, should and need to do without getting any trouble with our customs? I mean, buying online aint cheap right? can't afford losing too much money.
  4. Adrian76
    Adrian76
    The Gardens is actually next to Midvalley. Basically it is considered as Midvalley but name it The Gardens to differentiate between both buildings XD I havent been to Borders there lately but I last seen they do have KKM and Junjou Romantica. I havent spotted Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi yet but will check out once I there XD/
  5. sef
    sef
    Sekaiichi English version has been released? So far I only be able to get hold of vol. 1 - 5 Sekaiichi Japanese version from Kinokuniya- that was before Kinokuniya stops ordering these due to the kastam issues. The other details I'm not too sure.
    Vol 11 was the last volume I managed to buy for JR. Not too sure about KKM though. Recently, I think the yaoi titles available in Borders has ceased.
    I usually get my books from Amazon and lately from Akadot.
  6. paplou
    paplou
    I've ordered "In These Words" from online book retail, The Book Depository (it provides free shipping). It should get here next week. I'll just cross my fingers and hope it won't get hold off by the customs. It would have given me a peace of mind ordering from akadot but the shipping price is so expensive for just one book >_< I've also pre-ordered Ai no Kusabi Vol 7 from them because I got too impatient. If the first order gets through safely, there's no worry of cancelling Ank pre-order.
  7. LucaEiri
    LucaEiri
    @Adrian76
    Oh, Alright, Thanks. So the difference is just the names for the buildings. xD I wish I could go there, but Midvalley is just too far away from my place for me to go there so often. Dx plus the really heavy traffic.

@sef
    Ah, yea.. Kinokuniya doesn't have any of them now. It always disappoints me whenever I go there and I agree with you.. I did notice the number of yaoi titles in Borders did ceased. I wonder why or is Borders doing the same like Kinokuniya?

@paplou
    I've heard about The Book Depository and that really piqued me on trying to buy yaoi titles online(which I never did before and is unsure of because of the currency difference). I heard Akadot's the best, putting aside the expensive shipping price, they have a lot of tittles under them for us to make our pick. xD

Anyhow, what do you guys recommend? From who is the best to buy yaoi tittles from? and hopefully those that can get away from being hold off by the customs. what's are the pro's and con's?
  8. paplou
    paplou
    I got my copy of "In These Words" yesterday \o/
    It takes longer than I thought it should be (probably because of customs) but it arrived safely The art is gorgeous *__*

@LucaEiri; Akadot has a lot more titles compared to any other sites, the discounts are great and the package always make it through customs. I only buy from akadot in bulk (more than 5)^^ because it's much more worth it. If I'm buying for one or 2 titles, I usually ask my friends to buy for me along with their orders. It's my first time buying yaoi/BL title in small quantity on my own. I find thebookdepository satisfying and the free shipping is a plus
  9. sakurai93
    sakurai93
    People!! I need help! For the 1st time, I want to buy a BL stuff online. But I'm afraid about the custom.
    I only want to buy OTRFK vol 5, it will be ok right? and btw, reading a bit from this thread, I can see bookdepository is good. I dont mind getting it late as long as it is cheap. So should I use bookdepository or maybe another site?
  10. aarinfantasy
    aarinfantasy
    HI sakurai, two of my books from bookdepository got confiscated, they were Intense Rain and ViewFinder#3, but I got them anyway from Borders (IR) and Akadot (VF). As long as the sender paid for the tax, then our customs shouldn't be giving so much trouble. That's why the expensive shipping from Akadot. But I did manage to get Love Mode all 10 volumes through Bookdepository. I guess anything light or maybe novel (Text only) should be fine via bookdepository.
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast