aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

~Togainu no Chi & Lamento fans~

1. Junoan
    Junoan
    I got Akira each time in that test...
  2. MayAlex
    MayAlex
    So many people getting Akira results... Hey, don't you know I need to sleep sometimes? I can't stalk you all.... but I guess I'll try... after all, is Akira we are talking about...
  3. sweet impact
    sweet impact
    I hate being busy, I miss all the convos. ._.

I got Gunzi. Yay! Wait... I'm not bloodthirsty. I thought I'd get Rin or something.
  4. MayAlex
    MayAlex
    Well I got Gunzi the first time.... but I am kinda bloodthirsty....
    @Naikan: What do you like about Shiki? If it's his looks, I can't help that I was born a girl... if it's his sadism... I'm worse than him. Really. Akir ais better off with him than me.

Hey, why only Junoan has answered me? I want to know your opinions too... Do you think Akira is a saint or an idiot? I think he's way too forgiving (I'm not considering Shiki here, because the Stockholm Syndrome explains it all... LOL) when it comes to the way Motomi, Rin and especially Keisuke treated him. The whole idea came to Lynn's mind and mine because of Keisuke's route, after that I noticed he was also very understanding and forgiving to Motomi and Rin....
    Junoan thinks the three of them had good excuses for what they did to Akira. What do you think?
    I mean, is he forgiving to the point of stupidity? (There's always the third reason, that he is in love, but that doesn't seem to be the case somehow)
  5. Dagger
    Dagger
    Motomi: I actually don't think there was much for Akira to forgive here. All he did was confront Motomi and force him to make up his mind instead of continuing to carry on half-heartedly. If Motomi had shot him or seriously tried to strangle him or something, that would be a different matter... but by the time that the truth came out, Motomi was past the point of being able to force himself to harm Akira, and I think Akira knew it.

Rin: Yeah, the forgiveness/redemption thing has a pretty big role in Rin's route. But I thought it was played really well; it makes sense IMO for Akira to be persistent about showing Rin compassion. He recognizes that for all Rin's gnashing his teeth and stamping his feet, Rin is the vulnerable one (emotionally speaking). He reaches out to Rin with the sense of security that comes from a stronger person reaching out to a weaker one.

Keisuke: That was my main problem with the Keisuke arc. It's not that I can't understand Akira forgiving Keisuke, because he really did care about him and was more than anything glad to have him be sane again... but even if he doesn't blame Keisuke for what happened before, I couldn't believe that it would be so easy for him to brush off the aftereffects.

I agree that Akira was quite the saint in the Rin route, though. But not really from a sense of morality or anything. Once he gets an idea into his head, he seems to be very stubborn about seeing it through to the end, and in this case, the idea was saving Rin from self-destructing.

btw, I recently read about Lima Syndrome. Sounds like it also fits, haha.
  6. sweet impact
    sweet impact
    I would adopt Rin because he's adorable, by the way. x:

@ Dagger: That was also my problem with the Keisuke route. The resolution was just a tad... unreal for me. And I agree with you on Rin's route.
  7. malary
    malary
    I really don´t mind at all seeing Akira as an seme, I´m with Dagger in that matter, I´m totally pro sukes and inverse, sterotypes don´t work for me at all (actually seeing a seme being molested is really hot, hard sex is amazing) *cof *cof* but I have to agree Akira´s abs can be seeing better when he´s the bottom.

And MayAlex, about your question, I do think Akira is a believer. Yes he´s surrounded by death and evil, but somehow he still trust and try to help the ones he loves (although I´m not totally happy with the way writers made him react to certain things, specially his relationship with Keisuke).

Offtopic: Yaoist, there´s a new release in the dj section: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f106/t...kushi-oni.html
    Thanks to Broken Promise and Onmyouji!
  8. uomaru
    uomaru
    Hello everybody~~I stumbled upon this group and I just had to join! Nice to meet you all~~

I can't wait for the PS2 version to come out...! Even though there won't be any H-scenes, I hope the extra character and story lines will more than make up for it.
  9. sweet impact
    sweet impact
    I would like to seme Akira too, even if AKira's probably one of the few 'uber-ukes' I've ever truly liked. *not fond of the usual seme archetype.*

I'm actually really excited for the PS2 version too. (... Yukihito looks er, interesting *x*)
  10. MayAlex
    MayAlex
    @Uomaru: Welcome! I'm also looking forward to the PS version, even if I don't have a PS, I can't wait to know about Yukihito... and if there will be changes in the other routes too... I can never get enough of TnC.
    Of course I would adopt Akira... I love Keisuke but he's too cute, Akira is much more rapeable... *evil thoughts*
    @Dagger: (for everyone else, this is kinda...spoilish)
    The Lima syndrome fits a lot... LOL
    Of course, in Motomi's route there was hardly anything to forgive, and in Rin's route, Akira saw through Rin's attitude and did his best to save him, which is reasonable, because is what we all would do for a friend, wouldn't we? So both routes so far only point the fact that Akira is a very nice guy..
    BUT, here comes Keisuke's route. I wouldn't say 'It's the writters' mistake, they should have made it more believable', because somehow it doesn't sound possible to me. Every moment in the story is very well thought and the characters' personalities are very well defined... so for me, at least, a flaw in the storyline is out of the question.
    I also had problems with that aspect of Keisuke's route... I thought that from the very first moment in which it happens. Akira appears to be in more physical pain rather than psychological. It's the fact that Keisuke hurt him what pains him, not the damage he received (Hope that makes sense to you V_V). Another thing that could explain it, is that Akira doesn't seem to consider it rape. He doesn't see it as 'Keisuke raped me', he's more like 'Keisuke wanted to hurt me and shame me'. Like you said, it's fine that he forgives him, because he doesn't realize it wasn't just a Line addict talking, he doesn't realize it were Keisuke's repressed desires acting.
    So I guess we are left with a few options, as to why he gets over the trauma so fast...
    a) Akira's is a clueless idiot XD
    b) He is in total denial (could be since he doesn't talk about it directly, but I don't think so...)
    c)TnC's writters made the stupid mistake of not wanting Akira to go through all the psychological trauma of rape in order to spare the fans of some tears. (which isn't likely, since we all know that this game is really scarring anyway...)
    d)The writters used it to show how little of the world Akira knows and how simple his vision of the world is. After all, in Keisuke's route, Akira barely talks to anyone else, so he sees the world through just his eyes and Keisuke's. If that's it, it can explain Akira's attitude. If his body is pleased, if it feels good, then it's good, and he allows it to happen.
    e) Finally, it could be that Akira is just mentally screwed up after all that he's gone through (Yay! Shiki's route comes to my mind!).
    Or a combination of all.... V_V
    Well, sorry, I've babbled for too long...
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast