aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

What are your fan fiction pet peeves?

1. JoyfullJuneBug
    JoyfullJuneBug
    My biggest ones are Ruru as the pet name for Iruka makes my eyes melt every time I read it & Iruka the chuunin that’s so weak that Konohamaru can beat him that really get to me
  2. ItaChan
    ItaChan
    I really hate the "Iruka is weak" thing in fan fiction - seriously dude, he's vicious in the manga and anime. Still a sweetheart of course, but he isn't weak!
  3. murasaki15
    murasaki15
    Kakashi being an asshole. Other than him having a basically f-ed up life, he's actually a very caring dude! You see it canonly that he cares a lot for the people around them! He even gets nervous when praised. That's awesome. So, pompous, self-ritious Kakashi is a no-no.
    Iruka being a push over is another one. Yeah sure, he's not the strongest ninja out there physically, but that doesn't mean he's helpless!! Also his strength is in his influence on the younger generation! The whole damsel in distress or blushing, bumbling "kyaa kyaa" Iruka is no bueno. >:I If I wanted a woman, I would read het!
  4. starryyuriko
    starryyuriko
    So I just found this community and wanted to jump in!

@ItaChan
    Agreed! There is so much more to Iruka than most people give him credit for. He certainly has a sense of compassion, but that does not make him weak or whiny. Also, just because Iruka is a chunin does not mean he and Kakashi cannot be equals in a relationship on many levels.

@murasaki15
    Seconded! And in a village full of people who essentially have f-ed, tragic histories, it seems he has learned to handle his emotional baggage quite well, at least on the surface. Or, he has just been able to channel whatever angst into caring for and protecting the people he values, and his village.

5. Vettech91
    Vettech91
    First of all, hello! I'm new to this group. Pleased to meet you all!

I agree with all the posts above. Iruka is not weak by any means and I do feel that a lot of authors go above and over the top with him being a submissive pile of pudding (the visual there is hilarious no?). I guess my all time biggest peeve is mostly related to Kakashi (although I admit being a fiction writer as well I slip into this when attempting to write him too) this is when the writer focuses too much on ONE aspect of Kakashi's personality, they either make him a brooding idiot or ridiculously goofy to the point where I want to bang my head on a desk. Although I admit its VERY easy to slip into OOC with Kakashi, he can be so ambiguous at times. Regarding Iruka, the only thing I think I don't see in this thread that should be is the writer having Iruka get pissed off and shouting every two words. Yes Iruka is outspoken and when it comes to what he believes is right...However, he is also a respectful shinobi, (see during Mizuki saga when he is in the Hokages office) and he acts as such when interacting with other characters. Oh and to build on the Ruka thing...Kashi is a clear mood killer. Like stab myself in the eye with a spoon mood killer.