aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Banner/flag/Logo for our group!!!

1. Kreatio
    Kreatio
    both of the logos look really cool (so far)! I hope there will be some more, so we can have a proper vote
  2. MC Denno
    MC Denno
    agreed ^^, submit your logo's !!!!
  3. The10thPlague
    The10thPlague
    @ Mac,

Yes, I had considered the political items in the picture - but I really didn't think of Wilders, as Link said (wilder's stupid, people should hang him ). It's a bit of Groot-Nederlandisme, I admit But most Dutch speaking persons will live in those areas (the Netherlands and Flanders). And the same argument holds for your own picture, with the Dutch flag on it. (I really like the guy though, he's sexy )

About the copyright infringement thingy: The picture's made of two picture, a map of "Groot-Nederland", and the sasunaru thingy. I took the map from wikipedia, and as the Dutch wikipedia only accepts pictures under the GNU licence, which implies that anyone may spread, change, and even sell it, I was totally allowed to use it. The sasunaru thingy was something I found on the internet, I think I even found it here. But if you would discard this picture on that argument, you must also discard all AMV's, and yaoi-things on youtube for instance.
  4. MC Denno
    MC Denno
    @ 10th:

You are right ^^ about my flag, although I think it's more relative because it is abstract then an actual depiction of a certain map area of the world. But that is just my opinion ^^ (and we have to use something in order to get our nationality across -not that this justifies the use of a nationalistic symbol, as I said before in my post ^^-)

and I wasn't talking about your 'Groot-Dietsland' plaatje, I was talking about the Naru/Sasu pic. And I wasn't talking about either AMV's nor Yaoi-things on youtube. I am talking about here on Aarin ^^. Besides I am not discarding it on those grounds. I just think it's proper that if you use somebody else's work you at least give them credit for what they did, (I know I would like that) otherwise it's pure plagiarism.

I don't really want a discussion with you on this topic, but since you asked ¬¬

And as I said before, just because other people don't show that courtesy's to others, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't, or am I completely wrong on that point?

And going back to that Youtube argument, I think we should condemn that. Unless of course the artist has given their consent to the freely use of pictures (very much like Wikipedia has done). Just because Internet has made it easier for us to get these things and copy them, doesn't mean we should.

True I am no saint as well. I don't even know who made my avatar. I 'borrowed' pictures and music from others without properly stating who they came from. But because I did that, it doesn't mean I think it's ok to do it. Nor do I believe it was ok for me to do it.

It's just showing a bit of courtesy and giving some credit to the artist of a particular work.
  5. Link
    Link
    I understand how you feel about copyrights infringements. You are an artist yourself, a fiction writer, you probably can't accept if someone copied your work and put their name under it that they made it >_< even though it's just a small paragraph huh

I have a few friends on Deviant-art (an amateur art website) and some people complained continously about their art being stolen and ended up everywhere on the net. On one side it's kindda nice to know your work is loved, but on the other hand the effort it is still your own personal work that has been 'stolen' by other people. A girl quit publishing her work because of that, but I guess some people can handle the internet and some people can't.

My professors make powerpoints slides for class and they just toss all the pictures they find on google onto their slides without reference: acceptable or not???? o.0 Can you sue the professors for plagiarism so they can never perform their profession anymore?? o.0
  6. MC Denno
    MC Denno
    You can sue them, because he is displaying them in public without proper reference. A professor should be an example and show you how it's done, especially when he is a college professor. And he can still practice his profession (unless he's an expert on plagiarism, in that case he might be become a bit incredible). But the artist can sue them if it's copyrighted work. (Yeah ppl this is also a part of Literary studies XD -copyright law-)

And it would indeed piss me off very much if someone stole my stories. It's something you worked hard on and often you put a piece of yourself in that which you make (at least that's the way with me and my writing). It's painful to see someone just taking credit for something you worked so hard on. You can always quote me, just as long as you say where you got it and who made it ^^. It's great you like it, but please give credit to those who worked so hard on it, for your enjoyment. (or at least those are my (rather strong) feelings about this topic)
  7. The10thPlague
    The10thPlague
    Well, there is some truth in your statements. I know that from own experiences as well. I once wrote a story on the Ogame-board (pretty stupid story, it was about WOIII) and my story was slightly popular on that forum (I'm not being arrogant here; I myself don't honestly think that was the best thing I've ever written ). After a while, there suddenly was a whole bunch of similar stories, some almost identical. It annoyed me pretty much. So what you guys are saying, is true. But I would never say I've drawn those pictures myself, the only thing I did was combining them. Maybe I should add a reference to where I found the sasunaru thing, but fact is, I don't know where it comes from. I downloaded the picture months ago, perhaps even a year ago. I think I found it here on aarin, but I don't know that for sure. But I will look if I can find someone who uploaded it in the gallery, and if that person made the picture him/herself I will add that name to the picture description.

Anyway, I also was and still am totally not expecting the sasunaru-map to win, as I said in my first post here
  8. The10thPlague
    The10thPlague
    Well, after litterally looking through a few hundred pages of narutopics, I finally found a quite very similar picture. It wasn't exactly the same as the one I'v found earlier, but the only difference was that is was wider. The heart in the corner of the picture was complete (it wasn't in the one I downloaded), so I think this one is actually the original. It also has a site's adress in the lower right corner. However, if I type it into my url bar, I get a Japanese 404 error (site not found). But I'll still add that adress to the picture description. Is that ok with you folks?
  9. Wolfje87
    Wolfje87
    Hya, what a discussion. ^^ Good though. I agree with the plagiarism thing. Like Link said, lots of people take drawings from Deviant Art as well and sometimes they even manage to remove the watermark you can put on it. O_o Anyhoo... Thank you so much about the info MC! Now I can bother the teachers with the plagiarism thingy. Hee hee.

As for the pictres you guys put on... I love the one from 10th... But... I'm not really a Naruto fan (although I LOVE Sasuke! ^^) So I would go with more nondescript pictures personally. ^^ (just my opinion though)
    @MC: Niceeeee! Did you draw that in paint?
  10. MC Denno
    MC Denno
    and I think it's very proper of you that you added the reference to it 10th ^^, just because its the right thing to do (I think ^^)

And Wolfje, glad you liked the picture and I drew it in 'photoshop' , though the pixels are a bit harsh (hence the nasty nipples XD) I'm still learning how to use the program. I Usually sketch on paper and scan it, then make an overlay of the picture with photoshop and then colour it via that same program. (yeah, but of the long way around, but I don't manage to draw nicely on my tablet yet, I'm learning, but it goes better with the good ol' pencil and paper
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast