aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Dutch Yaoi Fans

1. Whatsifsowhatsit
    Whatsifsowhatsit
    Good for you, choc0dream
    I don't know about letting us see the film though. To be honest, I'm not too interested in seeing it anyway, but for the others I guess it would be nice to figure something out.
  2. whispers
    whispers
    Thanks Wolfje87 ^.^
    I wanna come in may so much! *prays university is not in the way*
    And today I`ve learned something: Don`t go hunting for yaoi all alone in a city you`ve never been to. (Amsterdam) *nods* I wished I knew some of you! Really the thought must have crossed my mind at least a dozen times!

Oh And I`d like to see the video if it`s possible >.<
  3. Toran
    Toran
    i want to see the video too so let's see if it's possible
  4. Wolfje87
    Wolfje87
    @Whispers: YW. ^^ Heh, Amsterdam does have some nice manga shops (although they have cut down on their stock and theer is less then there was before). Did you manage to find something you like? (or anything at all?)

Toran: Chill dude! ^_- (smirks) Hm, no I am getting curious as well. I didn't see what was going on... (toilet, grumble...)
  5. Maskelle
    Maskelle
    @choc0dream: You might just ask who wants to watch it and just send it to those who want it.
  6. whispers
    whispers
    @Wolfje87: I went to the american bookstore - that`s the only shop I know that sells manga in english... and it was 5 o'clock by the time I got there, so didn`t have time to look for other bookstores. But they had Loveless! ^.^ I love that one! *cuddles manga* And found Samurai Deeper Kyo for my friend. She is just as happy as me

I really need some guidance. Can you guys tell me some shops I can go to next time I suddenly decide to visit Amsterdam? >.<
  7. Wolfje87
    Wolfje87
    You could at least try 'de zeedijk'. It's not that far from the ABC. There is one near the english pub (I think it's called the 'go joker'). That one's halfway down the zeedijk on your left when you come from the central station. The other one is at the end of the street on your right. The go joker has a little less main stream manga. The other one (they call it 'Henk' as far as I know so I forgot the real name, sorry!) has lots of things. Posters and key-thingies and playing carts etc. It is a bit more expensive though. But nice to check out anyway.

And along de 'rozengracht' is supposed to be another comic store that has some manga. But we went there once and it was not that great... Maybe Link knows some more addresses. ^^

p.s. I love the ABC! They have nice books as well. ^^
  8. Link
    Link
    Oh haha someone is looking for a manga bookstore in Amsterdam? Well what I can tell you and I think Wolfje knows too, there aren't many of those here in Amsterdam, esspecially if you want it for a reasonable price. The biggest seller is Henk at the Nieuwmarkt (where the Waag is)... It is at the beginning of the Zeedijk. They charge dollar price +2 euro's for Tokyopop...

There is also Gojoker al the way at the other side of the Zeedijk. The owner is very friendly, he has a lot of manga from Tokyo pop and Vizz, in English as well as Dutch. He sells way more American comics though, you should see his basement XD

And the one at the Rozengracht. Don't go there, they are the experts in American comics, so...

If you want the best price, go to ABC, flash your OV-card and get 10&#37; discount. Too bad we don't have stores like the one in Nijmegen (hernandez?) that actually has yaoi on their shelves...

Oh and a tip, when you are in the ABC, go look in the box with the dicounted manga, they are only 4 euro... It has hara kimi it once, but most of the titles I don't really like... They are for example kiddy Shonen such as Bayblade XD
  9. Wolfje87
    Wolfje87
    ^^" Like I said, I'm not the expert. Hehe. I agree completely with it, though I do think they have quite a lot since leeuwarden has almost nothing (except for those dreadfull translated to dutch and mirrored ones...)

(singsong voice) Thank you Link!!! ^^
  10. whispers
    whispers
    *takes out a map and starts planning a visit to Amsterdam*

Thank you so much! ^.^ Now all I need is a crazy person to drag with me and everything will be perfect ^.^
    And I am deffinetly making a trip to Nijmegen then ^.^