aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

AarinNerds

1. shattered
    shattered
    @unsteady ~ i've actually heard people who say either 'oh-em-jee' or 'omg/zomg' and others who say 'teh lolz' in everyday speech >_< i just shake my head despair. it took me so long to figure our what 'imho' was, i had to finally ask someone, and it's so stupid! people just getting too lazy to type out the full phrase >_< what is happening with the future generation?
  2. blu chocobo
    blu chocobo
    @ArtemisMS: For some reason now I hate idk even more I hate the word with a burning passion!! "Leik, ZoMg!! IdK!" *shoots*

@shattered: I've only seen it used in places likes 4chan, or communities with people who lurk 4chan alot. For instance, someone might post something... epic. And the other people might say "made of win" or simply, "win." The whole "made of win" and "made of fail" are often used to describe something on extreme ends.
    Oh, here's the Urban Dictionary entry, hehe: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=made+of+win
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=made+of+fail

I know people who uses/lurks 4chan, and do make references to certain memes that appear on there, but I never heard anyone use it outside of the computer. XD It seems a bit weird.

I've never really heard anyone say "pwned" but I've heard "Owned!!" many, many times. XD As for other terms.. sometimes I literally say "LAUGH OUT LOUD!!" just to make fun of things, but I wouldn't say it on a regular basis, >D

If my friends use informal/slang text on me, I don't entirely care too much, but if they type "idk" anywhere I'm going to have to kill them. D:
  3. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    This is sort of related, but the other day my friend kept saying "lol" (as in "lawl") out loud during our conversation and I thought that was weird.

I have also heard a guy I know shout "w-t-f" last year when his apartment was flooding. It was an inappropriate moment, but I laughed.
  4. unsteady
    unsteady
    Have any of you ever thought "lol" "omg" or other things like that in your own inner monologues? I remember back when I said "like" every other word when I realized I was thinking the word in my head as well that I knew I had to do something about it before it took over my mind!
  5. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I've had the STRONG urge to write "lol" on my students' papers, when they write something funny and reasonably witty. But I'm afraid they'd think I was just trying to be "hip" or something.

I've never heard any of these shorthand expressions spoken aloud though. I wasn't aware that they'd made it into the language!! I'll have to check the OED. *nerd time!*
  6. blu chocobo
    blu chocobo
    @unsteady: I usually stick with "HAHAHA" in my head XD

@Artemis: Ah right, I do remember somewhere long time ago that you were a teacher of a sorts (I had to peek into your profile to double check) XD

If a teacher wrote "lol" on my paper, I would look at my teacher strangely ^^; But if it were done in my Linguistics class, I wouldn't think of it that way since we've been discussing different slangs and stuff. I'm so used to the "SERIOUS BUSINESS" on papers. ....Gah, I have so much writing to do this semester.

I feel kinda dumb, I actually had to look up "OED" ;.; and I'm a college student too! Waaah!!!

One of the few words I kept using (to mock something else) is "lulz." Pronouncing it as "Luh-z" Here's an interesting video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pnbai1Ihw0 It was thanks to this video I started it ^^;
  7. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    I would be very happy if the words "preggers" and "bb" and "omgwtfbbq" were banned from the internet.

Also cat macros. (They're not funny?)
  8. unsteady
    unsteady
    "OMG" I saw that Anonymous "news" story earlier. Man...Fox news is great. I have thought about saying luhz just to make fun of that as well...but then I realized that no one else would get that I was joking and just think that I was a freak. "LULZ is a corruption of LOL which stands for Laugh Out Loud." HA! I love the power point-esque words across the screen, and the voice they use for the member of Anonymous...just hilarious.

I have never read "omgwtfbbq" I know the first two bits, but I don't suppose bbq is talking about grilled meat...Is it?
  9. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    Yup, bbq = grilled meat. So, it would sound something like, "omigawd-wutthe****-bebecue."

I think whomever created this fad just added it because it sounded funny. (Which it really isn't.)
  10. yvynee
    yvynee
    Hi everyone!
    My friend is currently working on her thesis on anime/manga-fan-language and her fan-friends and fellow-students decided to help. It'll focus on the idea that we (fans) use words and terms that "outsiders" simply never hear about. Now, I've sent her some fanfiction-glossaries and links, but since our special 'language' is a global thing to some degree, I'm asking you all if you can think of some anime/manga/visualK-related fan-words. Feel free to brainstorm, I am aware of the fact, that your hometown-community may have expressions that are not globally used. It's just for idea-gathering in order to make sure we don't forget some important expressions. So if it's okay with you, just shoot out what ever you can think of! The words may be of japanese origin or not.
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast