aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Korean Yaoiholics

1. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    Has anyone seen the movie 'No Regret' yet?

I've downloaded it and am curious to know what you think ... .
  2. Shouta
    Shouta
    Yo
    "No regrets" ... I think I saw it... but I watch it right now to remember^^
  3. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    Ahhh Korea's coming out with another gay movie! xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_556eOK9cA

Basically the video's about how Korean heartthrob Jo In Sung is starring in a gay role next to another heartthrob, Joo Jin Mo.

The movie's called "Frozen Flower," but, I'm sure all of you knew. ;}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Korean actor and heartthrob Jo In-Sung will join hands once again with director Yu Han in an epic movie titled, "Frozen Flower", set at the final period of the Koryo kingdom (918-1392). Jo and Yu last worked together in 2006 "A Dirty Carnival", which won Jo the lead male actor award at the 2006 Korean Film Awards.

Jo had many options for his last work before his compulsory military service, but he turned down numerous offers for movie and drama appearances to take on the role in "Frozen Flower". Director Yu has been widely acclaimed by moviegoers and critics alike for bringing out violence and collectivity from deep within the human soul, as well as for his provocative view on conventional ideas. His movies include "Crazy Marriage" in 2001, "Spirit of Jeet Keun Do: Once Upon a Time in High School" in 2004 and "A Dirty Carnival" in 2006.

"Frozen Flower" is an original piece based on a true story of Koryo era. It revolves around love and betrayal among Koryo king, 36 royal bodyguards composed of young/handsome warriors called 'Gunryongwi' and a beautiful queen from Yuan kingdom. Jo In-Sung plays 'Hong-Lim', the commander of 'Gunryongwi' who gets special 'affection' from the king.

To partner Jo In-Sung in the film, hot hunk actor, Joo Jin Mo has been casted to play a young charismatic Koryo king who falls in love with Hong-Lim. Actor Joo Jin-Mo came to fame after movies like "Musa: The Warrior", "200 Pounds Beauty" and "Love/Sarang".

The representative of the movie pointed out that, "Frozen Flower" will become the first Korean movie to deal with homosexuality upfront" and "although previously, "King's Man" (aka The King and the Clown) and other similar projects dealt with homosexuality, they were based on more of compassion, but this movie will portray homosexuality through the two main characters' affectionate love. Critics however say that there are Korean movies that already dealt with homosexuality upfront such as "Road movie", "No Regret", and etc.

Also future bed scene between the two actors is making a headline. Especially, due to the fact that the director Yu has been known for racy sex scenes in his "Crazy Marriage".

Jo In-Sung has been preparing for the role as a warrior since past months by taking up lessons for horseback riding, martial arts, and the geomungo.

The movie is expected to come out in Spring of 2008.
  4. cl_haejinn
    cl_haejinn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkIuK...eature=related

is this the trailer for it?
    i can`t waittttt<3

edite_____
    wait, nvm
    hahah i`m so confused, does anyone know what the above movie is?

edite_____

waittttttt.. is the above a clip from a dirty carnival? i`m so confused!!
    what the..

edite_____

oh wait..i found scenes of "frozen flower" and oh man, they are HOT
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=TIfJpmZbjKM

i can`t waiiiiit<3
  5. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    @haejinn - No that isn't the trailer, I think it's for another SBS Drama series called Memories in Bali. The poster just decided to be lame and name the clip "Korean gay drama" :\.

But, does anyone remember when Jo In Sung used to be in that TV sitcom called Jump? He was so corny in it! Hahaha xD
  6. Nuriko
    Nuriko
    Thanks for the invite (who invited me and how? o.o)~
    Nice to meet fellow Korea lovers :3

@Korean Drama: I can't watch any series/movies right now any longer X_X as every manwha, tv series, movie turns into a teary mess at the end .-.
  7. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    Hey, if any of you know more Korean forum'ers who'd like to chat about yaoi and Korean culture, please let them know about this group!

The more people, the more richer this group can get! :}

@Nuriko, omg I know exactly what you mean! Some series are so overly melodramatic to the point where I just get infuriated and start yelling at the screen. ;____; (All the while I'm thinking in my head, 'I don't know why I subject myself to this!' then I start venting about how sorry I feel for the characters. -___-)
  8. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f141/t...gay_movie.html

You all probably know this already but for those who don't (or are new), this thread has a bunch of info and photos of the actors for the upcoming Frozen Flower movie. :}
  9. VaRioLa
    VaRioLa
    Hello, everybody.

I've known TVXQ from "Dangerous Love".

Now I'm reading a Korean yaoi manga "Boy Princess" that I've reached vol.6
    It has very good story and artworks.
  10. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    @VaRioLa - Hello!! =D I've heard of 'Boy Princess' but I've never been able to find much information about it. What is it about? Do you know of any sites where I can get more information?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast