snape as un derrie tres bien
    snape has a good butt

Kumi habite au une salle du bains
    kumi lives in a bathroom

you guys are fast!
  3. Grenouille
    Grenouille
    Ok, there are mistakes dear.

Snape a un derrière très bien, but it's better to say Snape a un beau cul (Snape... Harry Potter's Snape?)

And Kumi habite dans une salle de bain
  4. kumi-kun
    kumi-kun
    aaah thank you! XD
    such silly mistakes that I made :3

and yes harry potters snape.. lol
  5. kumi-kun
    kumi-kun
    Hello new member!
    I hope you will enjoy this group! ^^
  6. angerbda
    angerbda
    here we go... another frenchie addition to your group... I was thinking it could be fun to look at whatever you intend to do with that "french touch"...
  7. angerbda
    angerbda
    I am wondering... what is it that non francophone people find in French language? No, really!!!
    I got so many remarks about how french is lovely and the rest... I find spanish and Italian as beautiful languages...

But one thing is sure: don't talk to me about language reform and the like! I would defend it against the changes and simplification...

Anyway...
    ... Est-ce que Kumi habite vraiment dans une salle de bain? J'espère que la baignoire est comfortable, au moins
    (Does Kumi really live in a bathroom? I hope the bathtub is comfortable... at least )
  8. angerbda
    angerbda
    While I am at it... Something funny I found once on the web. They have, on dictionary.com, the "world of the day". It is a way to present english words not often used... and I end up finding there almost all are "french" words
    >>Take a look<<

... Merci Guillaume (Thank you William)
  9. JulesM
    JulesM
    It's like every word coming from Latin... they aren't used very often, except in litteracy, maybe ?
    Anyway, Welcome here Angerbda ! Have fun here =)
    I don't find french really beautifull, but it's its complexity that I like ... It's like a secret code, always changing, moving, with an horrible amout of vocabulary. Five (or more) words to say the same thing, with a microscopic difference of sense between them ...
    Dunno, I like that.
    But I do love english, I hate spanish, and I don't really care about Italian. I like Latin though... And I like Quebec French too (maybe the accent, or the strange words ... xD)

Angerbda, that's a great exemple of "French Touch" anyway ^w^

So ...

[[ ennui \on-WEE\, noun:
    A feeling of weariness and dissatisfaction arising from lack of interest; boredom.

He glanced at his heavily laden bookshelves. Nothing there appealed to him. The ennui seemed to have settled into his very bones.
    -- Amanda Quick, With This Ring]]

Ennui is today my favorite word. I think i said it like ... 4678 times this week.
    I'M BORED !

"Je m'ennuie tellement que je pourrais m&#234;me faire le m&#233;nage pour m'occuper
    I'm so bored that I could even do the housework to keep myself busy"

Kinda sad, isn't it ? xDD
  10. angerbda
    angerbda
    I would never resent enough "ennui" to have the taste to fall into a cleaning mood...

I think, the worst in French it's all these exception you got in the grammar... But I am glad we don't have the declinations as in Latin or German ...

The French Quebec language... I lived a bit over there... and they tend to consider themselves as the unique defenders of the French language... (I exaggerate a bit here... )... But I like their way to swear... I find the best way to enjoy a foreign language is in the slang and swears... :P
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast