aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Aarin Metalheads/Metal Appreciators \w/ >_< \w/

1. Hellbreed
    Hellbreed
    Arch Enemy really rocks!
    Totally agree with U guys! Angela is awesome XD
    I regret that I didn&#180;t went to see them in nov 06... GAH!!
  2. totaljammer
    totaljammer
    Angela is sick and twisted! Ha! I lost a bet a few years ago because I refused to believe a woman had made those sounds. XDXD
  3. Hellbreed
    Hellbreed
    I had a hard time to belive that too!
  4. coz1134
    coz1134
    Haha the first time I heard her I was watching a video so I've always known heheheh, though it was good to see a girl doing it. Never saw it before her ^^
  5. Vaed
    Vaed
    There are actually many female-fronted bands, whether power metal or even extreme metal.

And also, I seem to be getting into the extreme metal scene lately, mainly Extreme Black Metal, so if anyone is looking for bands in that sect, feel free to ask.
  6. coz1134
    coz1134
    I know there are many female-fronted bands... I meant uhmn... screamers... I think they're called.. or is it growling... here people call it whatever they like so I never know what it actually is yeah... she was the first girl in a band that was lead and growled/ screamed/ whatever

I'd be glad for any suggestions Vaed! I always like to learn of new bands!
  7. Vaed
    Vaed
    Well, a pretty accessible band IMO is mirrorthrone, the two middle pictures in this here group. If you go back a few pages you'll see a few download links from his site. But I'll post them here anyway. Here are two free excerpts by him:

No One By My Side - http://mirrorthrone.com/download.php?dl=4
    So Frail - http://mirrorthrone.com/download.php?dl=5

Both are well-orchestrated, as well. He's a one-person band who does all the composing and production in his bedroom.
  8. Manius
    Manius
    Screams are more high-pitched, shrill, or raspy, commonly used in black metal. Growls are deeper, guttural, or "chunky," often used in death metal. Plenty of bands use both styles. Say, in this song from Graveworm, it starts with screams, then growls begin at 29 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_7QGeNxbL4. There are also more growls at 1:16.

I consider Angela to growl most of the time but to scream occasionally. My favorite extreme female vocalist (also from my favorite band) is Cathrin Campen from Bethlehem.
  9. Vaed
    Vaed
    Personally, I like screams better just cause I'm a black metal guy :P I find growls a bit more monotonous... I don't even wanna mention pig squeals. >.<

Wails and moans? Hell yes.

Endless Dismal Moan and Melencolia Estatica are my two favorite female-fronted extreme bands. The first being raw black metal and the second being melodic black.
  10. Blue-Jay
    Blue-Jay
    Hi there, mind if I join?

First thing, I'm NOT a "metalhead", but I do appreciate my metal... sometimes. Actually I listen to many types of music.

Favourite metal bands... hum... it's hard to think of one, it depends on my mood, really. Sometimes I want it more raw, sometimes more melodic, sometimes just to feel that sort of epic power...

So... Winter, Dimmu Borgir, Moonspell, Amorphis... Tristania, Sins of thy Beloved, NightWish, The Gathering (I loved their first singer - he died...:/) ... Scorpions, Metallica, Van Halen... Iced Earth, Dream Evil...

And I saw that some ppl here also mentioned industrial, so well... Rammstein (obvious, I know), Die Krups, Fear Factory, Young Gods, Deviants...
    Lots and lots. xD

Ah! I'm from the country of Moonspell, Braindead and Decay. Actually, I know the drummer of Decay. xD

*cheerio for now*

P.S. I have to read the rest of the discussion when I have more time. ^^
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast