aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Introduce yourself

1. ThatDarnDodo
    ThatDarnDodo
    Thought I'd make a thread where folks can say what got them interested in Japanese and what their language level is.

I was obsessed with manga and Japanese video games when I was younger (still am) and was bummed out by all the amazing titles that will never get an English release. So much awesome content just out of my grasp because of that pesky language barrier. So, yeah, why not learn Japanese? I had to stop for a number of years because life got in the way, however, and I've only been able to pick it up again recently.

Level wise I still consider myself a beginner. I know kana and a little kanji and only know the basics when it comes to grammar. Any attempt at trying to have a conversation in Japanese would be very short, I'm afraid. Hopefully that'll change one of these days.
  2. creamANDcustard
    creamANDcustard
    Hello, I got interested though manga and anime but J-Rock has been a huge influence on my desire to learn. When I see peopleS translations notes, it seems like there's so much I could be missing out on because it's like poetry, packed with meaning. I'd also like to live in Japan one day because I don't enjoy my home country much. I thought it could also be useful as a job one day.

I'm very much a beginner but I have some basic grammar down due to a conversational class I just finished up, but I can still barely string a sentence together, mostly do to a lack of vocab. I can read hira and kana but I don't know any kanji yet. Even though I'm not great at studying, my greatest strength is my determination to just keep grinding, even if I'm not acting optimally!