aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Recipe: Kiwi Sorbet

1. Preeh
    Preeh
    Here's something for summer. My kiwi sorbet. I made it yesterday and really like it.

Ingredients:
    • 2kg of kiwis
    • 1cl tequila/whiskey
    • 2-3tbs of brown sugar
      • depending on whether you like your sorbet to be sweet or your you can add more sugar. I like mine sour so I only use a little sugar.

• this amout is sufficient for approx. 1l of sorbet.

Preparation:
    Peel the kiwis and slice them into little squares.
    Put them into a pan and cook them for about 20min
    Add the whiskey/tequila and first cook 10min on high level so the alcohol evaporates; then add the suggar and simmer it on low level for another 10min. Make sure you keep the lid of the pot closed during the simmering so that not much water evaporates.
    Once this is done let it cool down and blend the mixture. Don't worry about the small seeds they don't taste bitter even if you blend some of them. I added another 0.25cl of tequila/whiskey after blending the mixture into a purée.

Freezing:
    There are various ways to do it. Personally I used an ice addition for my kitchen machine that did all the work.
    If you're doing it manually make sure to get lots of ice and place it into a big bowl, place a smaller bowl inside, add the mixture and keep stiring until it freezes.
    If that's too much work for you you can place it into your freezer and take it out all 15 to 30min and stir the mixture making sure it freezes evenly and not with big chunks. keep in mind that the alcohol we added makes sure it doesn't freeze completely. So it should keep a creamy consistency.

I hope you'll like it. If you try it please let me know what you think about it. If there are any suggestions on how to improve the recipe I'll gladly know them.