aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Recipe: "Oreillettes"

1. Kealyan
    Kealyan
    Hello ^^ Here comes the "Oreillettes" recipe. Sorry, I can't translate the name cause it's the same name as earpiece XD

Ingredients:

250g of flour
    2 eggs
    1/2 sachet of baking powder
    30g of melted butter
    1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
    1 tablespoon of caster sugar
    1 sachet of vanilla sugar

Preparation:

Add everything in a salad bowl and knead them with your hands until you obtain a ball.
    Let the dough pause for an hour while covered.

Once the hour is up, on a clean surface, spread the dough with a rolling pin until the dough is 1 or 2mm thick.
    Cut large bands of dough and in these bands, cut three rectangles (They have to be big!)
    In a fryer/chip pan, boil oil (A lot, like when you make fries) and put four or more rectangles (depend on the size of the fryer) into it.
    If the oil is really hot then it's going to be quick! You will see the dough inflates and takes a nice light brown color. Let it more on the same face if you want it to be a darker brown. Turn the dough around so it can color on the other side.
    Be careful! Since the dough inflates, it can roll around once you try to turn them over XD

Once you think the color is nice for you, take the "Oreillettes" out of the oil and put them on some kitchen roll to absorb the oil.

Next, do as you like! Sugar, Nutella, Jam etc... Enjoy them ^^

2. BloodLustX
    BloodLustX
    Ooooh, this looks pretty easy to do and also the Oreillettes look like the type of snack to much away while watching any shows/animes Just one thing, is it possible to have it baked instead or frying it up in oil? (Cause deep frying em like french fries sound a little bit too oily for my taste ) I'm gonna try dusting em with fine/icing sugar instead for the topping at the end since they'd probably stick better to the Oreillettes than castor sugar. Thanks for the recipe~!
  3. Kealyan
    Kealyan
    I'm not sure if it's possible to bake them. And it's not that oily if you put them on some kitchen roll right after you remove them from the oil since it does not need to be in the oil so long if the oil is really hot. Not even a minute is needed so they don't absorb oil that much. And I looked and it's castor sugar that I use ^^' so better used fine sugar yes.