aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

What do you like/love about this ship?

1. kriska22
    kriska22
    Let me confess... I didn't like Makoto that much at the very beginning but as the series progresses, I began to love him. He is just perfect. And his bond with Haru is also perfect and interesting. There is something special about it, they are so married! XD

How about you?
  2. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Interestingly, Makoto was the first character I really liked. He reminds me a lot of Tanuma, my favorite character from Natsume Yuujinchou. He is just a sweetheart (although Tanuma has more depth; he is from a manga so of course those characters have more depth to them than the Free! characters).

There is something about the MakoHaru friendship/bond that really touches me. Again, it reminds me of my TanuNatsu ship from Natsume Yuujinchou. I just absolutely ADORE romance between two best friends. And I like sweet semes. (I really, really dislike aggressive, cruel semes.)

I think it's obvious that Makoto cares deeply for Haruka. But what really touched me were the little hints of Haruka caring deeply (or realizing he cared deeply) for Makoto. Of course, the series is not BL, but for me, this pair is the easiest to squint your eyes at and see genuine love and affection.
  3. kriska22
    kriska22
    Me too, Artem! I like how Haruka silently cares for Makoto.
  4. Greenkazoo134
    Greenkazoo134
    One of my favourite aspects of Makoto and Haru's relationship how much they understand each other, and seem to really trust and support each other. I thought this was pretty clear all throughout the series, especially during the episodes with the island swim practices, and near the final race at the end. The both of them are always looking out for each other, and I think they really balance each other out.

Plus, I'm a huge sucker for the whole childhood friend thing
    (*ยด∀`*)
  5. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Plus, I'm a huge sucker for the whole childhood friend thing

Me, too I always think these kinds of romances just add something special.
  6. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    Hmm...how they're like a married couple? ;D How they look so good with each other? How Makoto cares so much for Haru? XD
  7. AsianBoy
    AsianBoy
    Their friendship is beyond friendship. they are soulmates <3
  8. darkroguequeen
    darkroguequeen
    The ship sails itself! makato is so in love with Haru. They are perfection!