aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Spam Mr. Spock? - Affermitive, Captain

1. Grrrr
    Grrrr
    Ok, this place is simply to talk about Star Trek, no Star Trek, anything in general (like the lovely spam, LOL). Anyway, Mr. Spock approves, so why the hell not?

2. Grrrr
    Grrrr
    Soooooo, as I finally got all three seasons on DVD of TOS, I have started slowly rewatching the episodes~ I just watched the first 4. And it was good. And my life soon will be complete.

How About you guys?
  3. Grrrr
    Grrrr
    Come on guys! This group is for us to talk and share! I command you to talk! This shole silence is illogical!

4. 7210
    The pink Tribble in the first gif looks kinda like a sex toy or maybe it's just me...

Anyway, it's been about a year since I last had a full TOS marathon (all three seasons and six movies included) so as soon as I have some time I'll watch everything again.

In the meantime I get The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine on tv, but it's neither the full 7 seasons of either one or in HD I also have yet to watch the Next Generation movies. Speaking of which, what do you guys think about the movies (TOS, TNG, anything)?
  5. Grrrr
    Grrrr
    Well, I liked the New Movie to be honest I think it's a nice way of showing the Kirk/Spock relations if their lifes have been different than their counterparts in another demension (the TOS one). Althought I thought it lacked Bones and didn't explain how the hell did Uhura and Spock end u together and why he was so emotional with her o_0

As for the other movies, I need to rewatch them as I got only to watch pieces of them (I hate when that happens *pouts* )

I'm on episode 11 season 1~

And I'm gonna still watch more even thought I should be learning and sleeping right now~

And yes, that Tribble does look like a sex toy

6. 7210
    Personally, I don't even consider that 2009 movie to be part of Star Trek at all. It's too "21st century hollywood" to be any good, and while most of the original movies were big when they premiered and all, it was always true to the series. Complete with the awesome cast and some supervision by Roddenberry before he died. Having said that, I do respect the opinions of those who liked that new movie.

One thing I don't get is how many fans say that the fifth movie was bad; even Kirk/Spock fans have said it although it's actually one of the biggest K/S movies there is. In a K/S (movie) scale, I'd place The Final Frontier in 3rd place tied right along with The Wrath of Khan. If only more fans appreciated it too

Naughty captain No wonder he had that look on his animated face, haha. Didn't know Tribbles could be pink though. Someone should fill Worf's quarters with tons of pink Tribbles and get it on video
  7. Grrrr
    Grrrr
    Will post soon - aarin hates me right now....
  8. sio chan
    sio chan
    Hello!! As a good star fleet officer I am here to spam on the orders of a senior officer :P
    So I did have all the films - on VHS and then my Mum took them when she moved out - so I got revenge by taking her LOTR boxset ... its a whole geek thing in my house hold
    I would love to have all the TOS but I'm more intrigued by the cartoons - I havent seen all of the episodes, and havnt seen any of them since I was a wee young thing. I love TNG I really do, I kind of adore Picard and I really enjoyed all the films both TOS and TNG but there are two that while they complete part of the trek universe I'm not hugely entertained by - the first ovbiously is Star Trek the motion picture, there where so many shortcomings that they then had to make Wrath of Khan, which was amazing, to make up for just how poor the first one was ^^ and then there was Star Trek Nemesis - which I have to say as much as I love Picard - I hated this film! I got really bored.
    My favourites are Generations (Kirk and Picard! Together! On screen! OMG my fan girl dreams where met) First Contact purely as there is just something about the Borg. And I really loved The Undiscovered Country.
    I have to agree with 7210 I actually quite liked the Final Frontier - it gave us more of an insight into Spocks life as a child growing up, and I remember it as being really quite a lot of fun ^^ maybe not one of my favourites but certainly a good watch!
    The 2009 're-boot' I actually quite enjoyed it, dont get me wrong I had major issues with the casting (Simon Pegg?! Seriously?!) the story line was ... slim, but it did open the franchise up to new fans - people who want the whole Hollywood glossy scifi deal but will still appreciate it enough to (hopefully) go looking at some of the original films and any one of the TV shows and *bam* we have a whole new additions to the fan base
    So since its almost new year and we are allowed to spam about whatever we want to right? I am just shattered, I'm not out paiting town because I just cannot be bothered! I've been working like a mad thing (I blog about it on site) and I'm back into work tomorrow anyways and I when I got home today, all I wanted to do was sleep, eat and then sleep somemore. And then my cat started crying and mewing at my door and when I responded he started clawing at the door - so naturally I think theres something wrong with him right>? No he just wanted attention. He's like that. And its only a half hour till midnight so I will say to all: I wish you all a happy New Year!
  9. Grrrr
    Grrrr
    First of all - HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!! *does a little dance*

Ekhm... Back to the important things! I couldn't right before, because aarin seemed to have enough of me and kept cutting my text (WTF much?) 0_o

I will not comment on the old movies as I only got to watch them in parts and need to rewatch them to remember everything (don't want to embarass myself by saying something stupid XD). Anyway, as for the new movie, I think it's a nice way to get more people to explore the old Star Trek~ I mean, if I didn't know about the old one before or didn't want to watch it, this would definitly make me (still, the loopholes... the damn loopholes... *is bothered by this*). So I agree with you on that one. As for Simon Pegg - why the hell not?! Ok, not getting angry here, everybody has their own opinion I guess - don't want to fight over stupid things here I personally adore him and seeing him in a ST movie made me so damn warm and happy inside And I may sound wird but I really had nothing against the cast to be honest. Don't know why - this movie just rubbed me the right way I guess. And I remember how against watching it I was... I had to be dragged away by my best friend, because when I first saw the DVD i went all "WHOOOOT?! THE HELL IS THIS?! THEY DARE TOUCH THE CLASSIC?!" . The faces of the people working in the shop PIRCELESS!
    I don't get why you people get so excited about Picard - honestly? To me he is pretty whiny and compared to Kirk - boring. Maybe because just like with Doctor Who, my fav Doctor will always be the 10th one, the same way Kirk will always be my fav and only Captain

BTW, something that will tell you why (just for giggles )
    Read the whole thing or just scroll down to:

Why Kirk Is Better Than Picard?

And number on on the list?

SPOCK!

Sorry, my fangirl is speaking right now - she gets vicious sometimes Should have seen my inner fanboy... XD

Bad inner fangirl, bad!

10. 7210
    So... Happy stardate 65465.4 everyone! And yeah, that is January 1st 2012's stardate according to one way of calculating stardates~ ^^

I often see Star Trek fans that were there before the new movie saying that pretty much the only good thing it did was bring new people into the fandom. I really don't see that as a redeemable point since anything can bring new people into the fandom; from a new spinoff series to a recommendation from a friend. So from my point of view, if the only actual good thing about that movie is the fandom renewal (which wasn't too big btw, since many didn't even bother giving the old series a try) then it's not worth it. At least it doesn't look like they'll make any more of those for the time being.

Picard, hm? Being a fan of 3 of the series, I can safely say that every crew member, like every captain, is always different. Comparing the original captain, his first officer, the CMO and ship's engineer to the ones from TNG, DS9, Voyager or Enterprise would not be fair because of that. Sure, most series (don't know about Enterprise) had their token intelligent and quiet character like Mr. Spock, and their doctors with high morale and great bed manners, but none of them were meant as a copy of the originals.

Anyway, have you ever watched the very first pilot episode, Grrrr? Where Spock was still a Lieutenant, the captain was Christopher Pike and Majel Barrett was the (female) first officer? If you haven't I highly recommend it, not only because the DVD version they released has some extra commentaries by Nimoy and maybe Shatner if I remember well, but also 'cause it gives more insight into what the creator wanted to do originally.

If you watch even one episode of TNG right after "The Cage" you'll see that Picard and Riker were based off of them and not Kirk and Spock. The similarities are really quite uncanny, since Barrett had black hair and blue eyes when she played N.01 and William Riker also has black hair and blue eyes; Pike was a very serious captain that didn't like to play around (like Picard), the first officer was called Number One - which is Picard's nickname for Riker, and (the most interesting part) the first officer was literally lusting after the captain even though she wouldn't just come out and say it. I find that very interesting 'cause on TNG we get basically the same characters but they're both men, so... it's safe to say Roddenberry liked homosexual couples right?

That sehlat was really into young Spock, wasn't he? XD Keep the gifs coming btw
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast