aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Spam Mr. Spock? - Affermitive, Captain

1. Grrrr
    Grrrr
    Well, I guess there won't come anything out of us argiung about the New Movie as it's still rather unaccepted by the old fans. I just like it - end of story

I know that comparing them seems unfair, but what can you do? I think one of the reasons why I'm not too keen on the later series is because they have been showing only them on my TV, while I wanted to see TOS, so I started to get annoyed with them :/ that's what idiot TV stations do to you and your fandom >.> Maybe I will give them a second chance?

I did watch the pilot episode and yes, it's one of the best (especially Spock~). I can see where you are going with this. Well, I guess I just can't seems to accept him, somehow :/ Don't know why - as I explained with the NM - he rubbs me the wrong way. The only bald guy I accept is Professor X from X-Men, sorry Picard. You are not my cup of tea (get it? Picard - cup of tea? Sorry, lame joke XD). I'm not saying i will hate them forever, don't accept their existence yada, yada. I just need to get used to them I guess... Somehow...

And I loved the relationship between Number One and Pike~ And Spock being like their curious child (sorry, can't resist the fantasy XD)

And homosexual couples - probably right

Of course, and that's how our inner fangirls act all the time XD

Of course, right on Sir! And just to make you happy...

2. sio chan
    sio chan
    We're not arguing! Healthy debate is welcomed - right? For me I get that Picard wasnt as 'cool' as Kirk - I guess he just seemed more aware of his flaws, and he could speak in complete sentances (:P) the reason he sounds English is because he IS english.
    Kirk just oozed with self confidence - whether it was justified or not - which was one of the things I love about him but it also annoyed me slightly, I mean realistically how many times can one persons shirt get ripped when no one else in the away party seems to suffer from a similar damage to clothing? (unless your a red shirt in which case you just die - with your shirt in tact) And his body was not that good - I'm just putting it out there! Spocks body looked good in his shirt and he never had to 'accidently' rip his shirt to prove it
    I like Simon Pegg as an actor - I do, I just dont like him as Scotty. There are finally reasonably famous genuinely Scottish actors who would have loved the part (James McAvoy is one) and would have played the part without sounding like their talking with rocks in their mouth. I'm Scottish (did you know that?) I'm very aware of how we are represented by American Hollywood films - I dont really resent the sterotypes a lot of the time its actually quite funny, but the accents bother me! If you cant do an accent, any accent this isnt specific to Scots, then dont annoy an entire nation of people by attempting a parody of their accent, just dont do it!
    Or maybe it was just the un-neccessary 'comic relief' factor that he represented - I dont know ^^
    Ah Riker one of the few men I know who looks better in a beard than without one - I'm not really big on hairy men but ... yeah I would
  3. Grrrr
    Grrrr
    Ok, ok, let's call it a healthy debate then
    I didn't mean to offend Scottish people - I just always found Scotty as a great comic relief to me and Simon Pegg seemed like a nice choice. I LOVE James McAvoy, but him as Scotty... He is even more feminie looking than Pegg to be honest, so no, sorry (Although now that I think about it, Pegg is also too feminie for this XD).
    I agree that there are better actors for this role - I just liked the idea at the time, so yeah...
    I totally get you with the accent. It's maybe not the same, but whenever we go abroad, people just put Slavic people into one big basket and we are often asked "Are you Russian?" I mean, to a Pole this is one of the worst insults ever. People outside of the Slavic family don't seem to hear any differencees in our languages, while they are completly different not only in sound but also in writing and gramma rules! So i can totally get you there Also, all that Polish jokes... Jeez... at least they could get more creative XD
    I have nothing against English people - I actually adore them and their way of just... well... being English I guess... XD But for me, a Captain of a Starship should be a little crazy 8D
    As for the shirt ripping - Kirk is the Master of Shirt Ripping When It's Not Needed Or Shouldn't Be Happening XD But Spock could rip a shirt or two more often though *pouts*, but I'm satisfied when he walks around in that black undershirt
    Well, he does look good with a beard But what about Mirror Spock?

Once again sorry if I offended you - i didn't mean to

I'm sorry! I know you hate him (at least a little), but I just crack up everytime I see this
    Also, as 7210 mentioned, it's a little unfair to compare people from different series. After all, from what i got, the New Movie is supposed to be happening in a different demension, so I guess they are allowed to be different than their counterparts ("Mirror, Mirror" much?)
  4. sio chan
    sio chan
    No offence taken ^^ You dont need to worry about upsetting me - honest! Healthy debate, we are all allowed to have different opinions, and just because I think one way in my particular fandom doesnt mean that I expect or am bothered by a differing opinion and (said in a very small voice: Its only a TV show) *ahem* moving swiftly on ...
    I'd be happy to see some Spock shirt ripping - and Spock with a beard - yeah I still would!
    What part of Poland are you from? I'm from Glasgow which is in the mid-west of Scotland, I've been to Gdansk - which was wonderfull, I really liked the food and everyone I met was really nice, really friendly and quite surprised to come across tourists ^^ I have some good memories about Poland - I would love to go back one day. I've also been to one of the Baltic states - Lithuania, that was an experiance. But I know what you mean about being all lumped together, I know that it can be hard for people outwith the cultural background to differenciate between accents, but I always feel that people should be tactfull if nothing else - if you dont know, dont assume, right?
  5. Grrrr
    Grrrr
    Sorry for the wait - University >.< But now I'm sick so I can spend some time here as I feel to weak to learn anything for my exams

ONLY A TV SHOW?! *shouts in a booming voice* THAT'S BLASEMPHY!!!

Just kidding

You have been to Poland? Nice~ Well, Gdańsk is the little mermaid part of Poland (at least to me - damn you Disney!). the coast towns and cities are known as the tourists once, so I'm supprised that people reacted that way to you Yeah, our food is good but heavy on the stomach unfortunatly XD As for being friendly - in the history of the world we have been known as the most open poeple when it come to guests and being totally awesome hosts - i think it's in our genes. For example, of course my mom taught me how to be a good host, but still, I seem to know by instinct how to be one and run around like crazy to please the guests XD
    Me? I'm from a town next to Warsaw - our capital Still I live in forest so now, that I'm studying in Warsaw, I get lost easily and can't seem to fit in with the big city XD

My aunt moved from London to Sctoland some time ago from what I know - shw said we should visit. Maybe we will meet one day by a chance?
    I'm also have some Luthanian roots and am so jealous of you for going there - i never had the pleasure and now that they seem to hate us so much... Well... not a good moment to go I guess... And you mean Baltic countires, right? We aren't states XD

Yeah, but telling apart accents would still seem harder than telling apart nationality jet people make such horrible mistakes XD Tact - that is something we are lacking these days it seems...

Ok, some Bones and Scotty for you to lighten the mood

And now Spock says...

...let's have sex Bones!

6. 7210
    Chiming in a little late here, but I didn't mean to cause an argument or anything like that either. In fact, it was the last time I was gonna talk about that 2009 movie 'cause like I said before, I respect the opinions of those who liked it.

Anyway, shirt ripping? Back in the day Shatner was considered the "handsome/hunk" type, and of course it was one of the many infamous Star Trek fan services, so I guess that's why they did it so often. And since we're on the subject, how 'bout Patterns of Force? Kirk and Spock shirtless together, sharing a cell and touching each other That time they also had the chance to get dressed after escaping, but somehow Spock remained shirtless to play the prisoner XD I like to think that was Kirk's call, just 'cause he wanted to see Spock semi-naked for a while longer.

When it comes to accents I have no trouble telling them apart, but that's 'cause I speak and study many languages myself. By the way, did you know that James Doohan, the one and only original Scotty was Canadian and not from Scotland? He was a voice actor aside from being an actor so he had no problem doing accents. He did a lot of voice overs for other ST characters, for example Sargon from "Return to Tomorrow". Also, Walter Koenig was Lithuanian not Russian - but Chekov's accent was always a bit exaggerated for comic relief (nuclear wessels, anyone? ).

I did always wonder about Sulu's lack of foreign accent as well as his last name; not that I'm complaining of course, since I never liked the typical "south-east asian speaking english" accent. But the surname is still a little weird, specially seeing as how his name was Hikaru. Maybe Spock wasn't the only half human on the Enterprise?

As for beards: Spock gets a beard on just one episode=a whole pop culture thing is born. Not even Data's one-time beard, let alone Riker's could compete with that .

A little off-topic, but I often hear Lithuanian people say they think Polish people hate them and vice versa... so maybe it's all a big misunderstanding, no? Whatever it is, Poland and Lithuania make a nice couple so they should make up already (can't help my Hetalia fan from showing XD).

Btw, is that future sandwich gif from that new movie? just curious.
  7. Grrrr
    Grrrr
    Ohh!!! I remember that - one of the best moments for the fandom! SHIRTLESS SPOCK IS HEADCANON!!!

And yes, I also read about Shatner being the sex symbol so I guess that does explain the shirt ripping Have you niticed that whenever he gots his shirt destroyed, he seem to got some super strenght? XD

True, Sulu's surname always irked me - I was wondering where did it come from? O_o

Spock beard has a life of it's own and you know it Oh! How I wish for some Mirror!Spock/Spock slash... But it's impossible to find - you know - them not being able to be at the same universe at the same time or some shit like that... BUT NO, Spock Prime can meet wit the Spock from the universe from the new movie - WTF IS THIS?!
    Sorry, rant over

Well, we aren't the ones who are changing the street names, closing Polish schools and generally being assholes, to us :/ I guess our history isn't helping - I mean, we did use them at one point :/ Not saying I'm proud, but we are somehow being able to get along with Germans, but not with Luthaninas? That is strange.
    I don't ship Liet/Feliks - nothing against it, I just have other ships~
    But yeah, we should - but can't see it happening for now at least ;/

It is from the New Movie~ I'm gonna spam you with gifs from it until your brain believes that it likes it > Nah! Just kidding~ I will spam you with cool pics

8. 7210
    Actually, shirtless Spock is cannon cannon

Yeah, most of the time he kind of did get stronger... except of course, when Spock was the one doing the shirt ripping. Then he just went with it, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrr
    Spock beard has a life of it's own and you know it Oh! How I wish for some Mirror!Spock/Spock slash... But it's impossible to find - you know - them not being able to be at the same universe at the same time or some shit like that... BUT NO, Spock Prime can meet wit the Spock from the universe from the new movie - WTF IS THIS?!
    Sorry, rant over
    The only thing that's impossible is impossibility itself. Deep Space Nine season 2, episode 23 "Crossover" made it possible for regular Kira Nerys and bad Kira to meet each other - bad Kira even going as far as to offer her to be her queen; she basically fell in lust with herself, so why not Spock and Mirror!Spock too? I do believe there are a few fan novels that deal with that, including fanart, but I'm not sure which exactly. Also, by the time DS9 took over the Mirror Universe the terran empire had been overthrown by the Bajorean/Cardassian alliance and everyone who used to be a part of the empire was made a slave, so imagine if we could get Mirror!Kirk/Spock as slaves.

Basically that ↑↑ with more beard, right?

Can't say anything about that since I'm not from either country, but it's ok. When it comes to Hetalia I don't mind almost any pairing.

Those pics are nice, except for Scotty, Bones and Hikaru, where the heads look a bit unnatural 'cause of the lack of neck. Here, have a gangster gif on me ^^

Little trivia time: did you guys know that Nimoy played another homosexual character aside from Spock? He did it for a play that was later turned into a movie, and it was all around the same time as TOS. Moreover, his character's love interest was none other than the guy who played Apollo in season 2's "Who Mourns for Adonais?".
  9. sio chan
    sio chan
    Part of the reason the show brought in the 'Chekov' character was to be the sex symbol for female fans- which is why Shatner and Walter Koenig didnt get on - Shatner didnt like anyone else being the centre of attention.
    So for a brief non- star trek interlude I'm going to talk about food. I love food ^^
    I just cooked for myself, I dont get to do that very often just cause I work so much and I cook as part of my working duties so whenever I'm home I'm usually too tired/ lazy or just plain not hungry. I dont really 'cook' as such for myself, I dont know why but sometimes making a proper meal from scratch just for me is kinda depressing >.< Anyway tonight I was in the mood for it so I made myself a tomato and walnut tart with beetroot and goats cheese topping from scratch- it was really good, I sometimes forget just how nice good homemade food can be ^^ Course I totally gorged myself on it and now can barely move but thats just the payoff of overeating
    I now kind of want chocolate ... what is that about?
  10. 7210
    Yeah, I remember that. They wanted Chekov to look like one of the guys in the monkeys or the beatles so they made him wear a wig until he'd grown out his hair. Eventually Shatner and Koenig did kind of get along though.

That walnut tart does sound good. I myself just cooked some straberry mochi cakes. They're not like actual mochi, but it's done with rice floor and it's quite good. Guess I'm lucky 'cause I happen to have some chocolate over here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast