aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

The Black Reaper

1. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    Well as you've all seen/heard, I'm super in love with Hei. It helps that the manga artists made Hei young, tall, dark and handsome, but that wasn't what attracted me to him.
    So let's talk about The Black Reaper and his lovely personality...or his duel personality, I should say

At first Lee/Hei comes off as a geninue person, someone you'd meet passing on the street. Lee's personality comes off a bit fake to me, almost as if Hei is forcing himself at times. Of course, no one else picks up on this. I hated Lee's personality, and loved Hei's "I don't give a ****" personality.

But it is only in later episodes that we realize Hei isn't quite the heartless contractor we thought he was, and in fact, he actually seems a bit...human? It seemed odd to other contractors that 1) He could fake a Human personality so perfectly like Lee. 2) He never had to pay a price for his powers. 3) His emotions always, always leaked out when his sister was involved, and in a dangerous way.

Ah, so I'm back to my main point: Hei is so complex that he fascinates me and the audience.
    What about you? What did you like/dislike about Hei or even other characters? What do you think will happen to Hei or what would you like to see happen?
  2. Kankuroadic
    Kankuroadic
    Hmm, I'm not quite sure if I like Hei. I think he's hot but (I haven't finished the series yet) I don't like how easily he can jump from Lee to Hei or Hei to Lee. I also don't like how he doesn't follow orders. If I were him, I would've killed Wong. Idk. I'm just on the fence about him.
  3. meryvamp
    meryvamp
    Kankuro thanks for joining in on my discussion
    You have some interesting points, but wow, I'm at a loss for who Wong is? There are so many characters and I'm wondering if I just don't remember
    I agree that Hei is "wishy-washy" hehe. But that's probably why I like him so much cuz so am I. The other reason I like him, along with the plotline of his character (a contractor who shouldn't technically exist) is because he is constantly (sometimes purposefully) breaking the rules. Life has no guarantees, and for every rule written, there is one that will be broken. To me, this is what Darker than Black is all about.
    Wow, that sounded cheesy

But so which characters do you like? Or maybe a better question would be what was it about DTB that hooked you?
  4. Kankuroadic
    Kankuroadic
    oh my.... What hooked me? I watch the funimation english dubbed version and I'm love with Hei's voice. I would watch the episodes just to hear him talk.