aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Kitty Peeing issues

1. Satomichan
    Satomichan
    We adopted a new kitten over a year ago for my son when he moved her. She was fixed when she was 8 or 9 weeks old. Her breed appears to be bengal, though her hair is sort of long, so she is likely mixed. She started off by peeing on piles of paper or in weird corners whenever she didn't want to follow the other cat after he used the litter box. So we got a 2nd box...she stopped for a short while, then she started again. We were cleaning every other day since there was 2 boxes, so we went to cleaning every day. That seemed to work for a short while. Now she is doing it again, but in places like the corner of the couch, or chair, or on top of the wire rack we use for shoes, which means the shoes get it. We try our best to make everything clean and use enzymatic cleaners to eliminate the odor that draws her back.We want to do everything a responsible pet parent should do before deciding to re-home her. We love her, and she adores my son, will follow him anywhere...and let us know she wants to see him if he is gone for too long. We also have to consider financial constraints, so I ask fellow cat owners, are there any suggestions that might work for stopping her from peeing anywhere other than the box?
  2. HatedLove6
    HatedLove6
    If she is declawed, the litter might be hurting her, so get a finer grained (sand-like) litter. Or it could just be a preference of the cat so you might want to experiment with different kinds of litter.
  3. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    1. Take her to a vet. It sounds like she has a UTI.

2. If tests are negative, try changing the litter, like HatedLove suggested.

3. Try FeliWay if it is clearly a behavioral issue (once all medical possibilities are ruled out).

"Rehoming" her for something like this is just making it someone else's problem.