aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

I'm worried

1. HatedLove6
    HatedLove6
    Yuki has been acting strange. About a week ago she started throwing up, so I thought it was the wet catfood because she doesn't seem to digest it well, so I gave her a couple of days and she seemed to get better kind of. For the past few days, she's totally fine during the day, but sometime during the night when I'm asleep she throws up just once. I doubt she ate something that would be poisonous because it's only at night, but I'm not sure what to do, and I'm really strapped for cash right now. Just having a check-up costs $45 dollars here and I don't have that kind of money.

Has anyone had a cat like this? If so was there a simple remedy or just something that worked?

I'm planning on staying up tonight to see what happens with Yuki, and maybe I should check in with Munchkin since he ate the vomit today UGH!
  2. HatedLove6
    HatedLove6
    Nevermind, Yuki seems better since she didn't throw up last night, so whomever the admin is for this group can delete this thread if they wish, or use it for other worries.
  3. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I'm sorry I didn't see this before Is Yuki still all right?

Some cats just have sensitive stomachs. Two years ago, Bastet had to be rushed to the hospital because she was throwing up continuously; she couldn't breathe without gagging. The vet called me and was telling me it could be all kinds of things, including cancer. I was distraught; now it was "I" who couldn't breathe. The most terrifying and horrific hours of my life, trust me. Until he called me and said she was getting better, that apparently she had just eaten something. We surmised it must have been the Christmas tree, as she has a tendency to chew on it and throw it back up (lovely green goop all over my floor, every Christmas...)

During shedding season, she throws up a hairball every day, sometimes several times a day. She also throws up other things she shouldn't have eaten. It could be that, like Bastet, Yuki merely has a sensitive stomach and eats things she shouldn't. Just keep an eye on her I use my credit card for kitty emergencies, so I know how you feel about being strapped for cash. But how much does your money mean to you ... especially if something awful happened to Yuki just because you didn't want to (or couldn't) spend the money.

Again, I understand that money is an issue (it always is for me); that's why I have the credit card
  4. Fey801
    Fey801
    It's hard to tell because your cat eats wet food. In a case where the cat vomits once, it's very often easy to find the cause. Hairball is the most common. The other one being a cat who eats too much to fast. When it's dry cat food it's easy to see as the cats vomits clearly shows that the food hasn't been digested. In a case like that, you give smaller portions to your cats but more often.
  5. HatedLove6
    HatedLove6
    I think Yuki just has a sensitive stomach, except with certain types of catfood. And she may have eaten too fast despite being a really dainty eater; I swear, she only picks a couple of the dry cat food, chews on it once or twice and then swallows. That's the last time I'll let her eat soft catfood though. I don't care what the brand is or even if it's 100% organic. Of course I would do anything I can to pay for Yuki if it was an emergency, but because of the specific timeline of when she throws up, i had doubts it was something serious. She hasn't thrown up since, so that's a good thing.

Thank you for the support and for the worries.