aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Question about stray cats

1. Gizmo
    Gizmo
    Several nights ago, my cat got into a "window fight" with a feral (?) cat who was hanging out in my backyard. I shooed him away but I felt really awful, given how the weather here is turning very cold.

I wasn't sure if whether feeding him would be a good idea, but he was so skinny (bones sticking out). So I fed him. And I've been feeding him on-and-off since.

I've been given conflicting information about whether to feed a stray cat or not. Apparently you aren't supposed to, as once you do, they never leave. But the poor cat was so freaking thin. I thought it was the humane thing to offer food, and I don't mind at all if he hangs around my backyard.

The problem is, it's going to snow soon, and I'm find it hard to capture this cat so I can take him to the shelter (my own schedule is super hectic, plus he's SUPER QUICK). What should I do? Should I continue to feed him, even though it's going to make him dependent on handouts during the winter?

I'm just afraid this guy's gonna stick around during the cold months in my freezing backyard and fall sick or die, like most ferals.
  2. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Ahh you must live very far north Poor kitty

My cat fights through the window with the neighbor's inside/outside cat >.< It's distressing...

Anyway, I guess if you feed him he will continue to hang out by your house, especially if he's starving. I did that a couple months ago and was lucky enough to have a friend who was happy to take the kitty (he's his daughter's new pet now and they're very happy together).

At least get him neutered D: Maybe during the winter months you could put out an electric heater or something, at least until a shelter or friend can take him...

You can't let him starve though D:
  3. jcrs25
    jcrs25
    I have an stray outside, that claws the windows and sees his older twin brother. It's bad when we call them, by each other's name lol! Both males, smoky grey fur, and big yellow green eyes, but one has an white patch on his stomach and is an year older then the other. Both named after the Hawaiian for the direction of South. [Kona, Hema] Because, I dunno it was random at the time or I was drinking kona coffee and couldn't think of an name. And ironcally, both respond to the word, "South." I had another stray, Meowmeow and he was true to his name, he just would not shut up! He's gone now, I haven't seen him since 05'. Yes, I miss him.

Everytime I see an stray kitty that's friendly to people, I get sad an want to help it.