aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    poysenpen

Unhappy Ouran High School Host Club - Not working correctly

Hello - first time poster here. (And if this is in the wrong place, please tell me and I will move it immediately. I spent five minutes trying to make sure I posted in the right place though, so I hope it is!)

I'm downloading all the OHSHC episodes and with episodes 4-7 - and other ones later on past 8 - they are not loading correctly. Such as the numbers will continue to go at the bottom but the picture stays frozen and the same for about 20-30 seconds. Strange thing is that the sound still plays but only the actual screen does nothing. I can't tell if this is a problem with my WMP or with how I downloaded it. I do tend to download lots of things at once but I didn't think that would really result in too much damage. I also downloaded one of them from another torrent site and it resulted in the same thing.
    I'm at a loss as to what to do or what the issue could be so any help is very much appreciated. :]

[Also, anyone know where I might buy OHSHC in Japanese but with Eng. subs? I dunno if the one at my best buy is just all in English or if it is in Japanese with subs. xD]

If anything about this post is wrong, please tell me, as I don't mean to 'spam.'

captivated
    Hello poysenpen,
    I can't answer your question about the downloading problem. Sorry I haven't heard of anyone else having problems with it though so maybe it is a WMP error?
    I can answer the purchase question though. Funimation has just recently released an english dubbed version of OHSHC and if dubs aren't your thing or if it takes you a while to get used to them, there is an option on the disc to switch to japanese audio with english subtitles. I got them sent over to Aus for me so I can vouch that he subtitles are well done. You can buy box set part 1 & 2 at the Funimation website. Hope that helps
    ~captivated

poysenpen
    Thanks for the help! I'll be sure to look that up.

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Kei Yamashiro (L8)Heart 1 (Blue)Takashi Okumura (L8)
    Rin Matsuoka (L9)Haruka Nanase (L9)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Hollow Ichigo (L9)Shunsui (L5)Miyuki (L4)

Okay... step by step:

1. Don't ever use Windows Media Player.
    2. Go here to download the combined community codec pack. http://www.cccp-project.net/
    3. Go here to download media player classic (also for free). http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/
    4. Install both.
    5. When you load the file into media player classic, right click. Look at where it says audio. If it's dual audio (usually an mkv file), you can select the japanese audio there if you prefer subs (like most of us do). If it's single audio, then this works fine.
    6. Right click and select the subtitles. Once again, if it's single audio, by default it's loaded.
    7. Enjoy.

Basically, all you have to do is download both and double click the file in MPC. It'll open subs and everything by default so if it's not dual audio, it's pretty much... just that.

The only time I've ever had issues with audio working and video not is when using WMP and not having the CCCP. Usually fansubbers and bootleggers tend to put stuff into .avi or .mkv which will not read if you don't have the proper codec. If this doesn't cause the video/audio to run smoothly, then it's the download. Let me know if that works.
    Last edited by GenericWit; 02-07-2009 at 04:01 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Aoba (L2)Yosuke P4 (L1)Adachi P4 (L1)
    Kashuu Kiyomitsu (L9)Miles Edgeworth (L3)Komaeda Nagito (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by poysenpen View Post
    Hello - first time poster here. (And if this is in the wrong place, please tell me and I will move it immediately. I spent five minutes trying to make sure I posted in the right place though, so I hope it is!)

I'm downloading all the OHSHC episodes and with episodes 4-7 - and other ones later on past 8 - they are not loading correctly. Such as the numbers will continue to go at the bottom but the picture stays frozen and the same for about 20-30 seconds. Strange thing is that the sound still plays but only the actual screen does nothing. I can't tell if this is a problem with my WMP or with how I downloaded it. I do tend to download lots of things at once but I didn't think that would really result in too much damage. I also downloaded one of them from another torrent site and it resulted in the same thing.
    I'm at a loss as to what to do or what the issue could be so any help is very much appreciated. :]

[Also, anyone know where I might buy OHSHC in Japanese but with Eng. subs? I dunno if the one at my best buy is just all in English or if it is in Japanese with subs. xD]

If anything about this post is wrong, please tell me, as I don't mean to 'spam.'
    if all your videos do the same thing it might be the player itself that might be a little off ^^;

as for the buying you can buy the english dub and usually they come with the jap audio and english subs but i reccomed fansubs are better for the eyes. without the scary yellow text that you usually get.
    if you dont know if it has jap you should check the back of the box and it should say languages and if it has subtitles.

i hope this helps >W<

poysenpen
    Wow that really helps, thank you so much!

poysenpen
    I'll remember that; thank you!

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Kei Yamashiro (L8)Heart 1 (Blue)Takashi Okumura (L8)
    Rin Matsuoka (L9)Haruka Nanase (L9)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Hollow Ichigo (L9)Shunsui (L5)Miyuki (L4)

Quote Originally Posted by poysenpen View Post
    Wow that really helps, thank you so much!
    No problem.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Daisuke (L10)Sanzo (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    (S010) Joker(S009) Havi(S006) Klaus
    (S008) Shuichi(S007) RebornKazuki (L7)

Oh pshaw. You can use Windows Media player if you really want to, it'll just be a bit slower. XDD

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Shiva (L1)Maya (L1)Pandora (L3)
    Judas (L7)Kira (L1)Shin (L5)
    Windows Media Player works just fine...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast