aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jemcrystal

Question Linking, Cards, Torrents, and Converters [solved]

What is double linking? Why do people get in trouble for it?

Another question:

Where do people get those little pics below their avatar that look like cards from a card game?
    Last edited by Jemcrystal; 02-21-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Someone complained I was asking different questions.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Asami (L9)Isshin (L5)Rai (L7)
    Aizen (L1)Firion (L2)Genji (L1)
    Heine (L1)(S015) Ewon(S012) Hollow Ichigo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemcrystal View Post
    What is double linking? Why do people get in trouble for it?

Another question:

Where do people get those little pics below their avatar that look like cards from a card game?
    Double linking : Check this post here

You can buy these cards from the ishop, or since you're a new member you can get one from here: Cards Giveaway for NEW member

Jemcrystal
    What can you tell me about a torrent? I understand it is a file with many files inside of it. And I guess you have to have a program to unzip the torrent??? Do any of you ever use torrents? How do you do it? Is there risk of virus infection?

Note I will not use MegaUpload (which seems to be popular) because I saw someone post on aarinfantasy that it has viruses. When I exclude MegaUpload I notice that I can only find certain anime (those with many seasons and episodes: Kara Kyou Maoh atm) in torrents.

Any advice one can give me?

To be exact I need number 40 of KKM in avi but can only find it here in torrent and idk if I can use that: [AonE_Ani-Kraze]_Kyou_Kara_Maou_40_51 | Kyou Kara Maou | isoHunt - the BitTorrent and P2P search engine

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Pray for JapanTsuna (L10)Ginshu (L10)
    Bonten (L10)Wolfram (L10)Wolfram (L8)
    Wolfram (L1)Ciel (L9)Ciel (L5)

You need a torrent client to lounch a torrent file and then you'll be able to download whatever you want to download.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

Please do not stray from your own topic if you open one, and make sure to read the posts on certain topics that already exist.

You can also post an introduction thread in the introduction section here where you can ask questions that people would be willing to explain to you, I'm sure.

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f13/

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

Well, I'll answer you here. I've already answered a lot of questions right here. Go pay it a visit.

As for torrents, you will need a software like Azureus or utorrent. You can get Azureus (the one I use) right here. It's free to download. Then when installed, you need to download (or open) the torrent file you want with the software. If the torrent contains more than one file, you can uncheck some episodes you already have or don't want then start it.

You can after that use the settings to limit the upload speed (what you tranfers to others) or such.

Jemcrystal

Azureus is not working well

I aquired Azureus but the very first file I tried to download using them is taking 12 hours; it's still download atm. Is this normal?

I am wondering now if I should get a free video converter so I can turn rmvb files (which I notice download fast and appear to be becoming very popular).

My qualm is, is it safe to get a free video converter? Anyone using one and find it downloaded safely with no viruses? And of course I have to have free and prefer no trial time.

Sorry, Lent, having questions drives me to the point of madness.
    Last edited by Jemcrystal; 02-18-2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: added somethng

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Luka Crosszeria (L9)Luka Crosszeria (L1)Hotsuma UB (L5)
    Yuki UB (L1)Shusei UB (L5)(S003) Lelouch
    Ewon (L2)Shunsuke (L2)Misaki (L1)
    here's a good video converter..i used it.. XD it has no limitations and no trial..
    Any Video Converter - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
    i dont think i get virus from this software.. XD

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Mookyul (L10)Mookyul (L9)Habaek (L9)
    Yuki Eiri (L10)Yuki Eiri (L9)Frau (L9)
    (S043) Ijuuin Kyo(S049) Noctis Lucis CaelumJellal Fernandes (L2)

I used Azureus before, but the program was "too heavy" whenever I start it up especially the new version, so I switched to µTorrent, which is way lighter and simpler to use.

One of the reasons you might be experiencing slow downloads with Azureus is because you probably haven't done any port forwarding for the program. What is port forward? It's explained better here. Also there's a section in the PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall where you can choose which modem model you use, and then choose which program you needed for port forwarding. There's a step by step instruction so you won't be confused.

Video converters are safe to use. I've been using MediaCoder, it might a bit confusing to use it at first, but once you get the hang of it, it pretty much does almost everything you need when converting.

Jemcrystal

Result of the information provided:

Result of Double Linking Info
    I guess I cannot be accused of double linking so long as I use a host that has not been used before. If that is not the case, it would be annoying. Many hosts will only allow you to download so many files a day so there needs to be many options provided.

Result of Card Info
    I'm glad I asked about the cards. I got a Günter card free! Woot!

Result of Using Torrents
    I ended up removing Azureus and uTorrent because I had no luck with either of them. Azureus made more sense to me than uTorrent. For both, the technical yack about ports and firewalls was too confusing . I checked my Windows firewall and it said it allowed Azureus. That was as technical as I could get.

So I continue to download files individually.

Result of Using Converter
    I used MediaCoder (no reason I picked that, just random). The free version converted my .rmvb file to an .avi file just fine, but it put a logo smack dab in the center of the video at the video's beginning. With KKM that is no problem because there is that big long music entro. What I thought was strange was that the file was 635, 763 KB after conversion when most my .avi files are running right around 179,156 KB in size. Not a big problem if I convert only a few files here and there but odd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast