aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Akizuki (L6)Kaname (L10)Inuyasha (L10)
    Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Ewon (L10)Mello (L9)
    Daisuke (L10)L (L10)Light (L10)

What *are* mod responsibilities, anyway?

Jes 'cause I'm curious.

I have no interest whatever in becoming a moderator, but I haven't been foruming long enough to know what their responsibilities actually are. Besides conflict resolution and board maintenance and all that jazz. o.0

BelladonnAtropa
    I am not too great at this either and yes, I know that the mods most probably do much more than what I may list down but here goes anyway, until someone contributes a better explanation.

A mod is like a supervisor. S/He makes sure that everything is done properly in the forum, because the admins cannot always be there to correct mistakes or spot them or warn people around them. So the moderators help the admins to do that, I guess.

You usually see Yavannah or malary for example, editing the posts of those spamming the download section and they give them a warning if they sees that a warning must be given. This is an example of how a moderator 'moderates' things around here in the forum and makes sure that the rules are followed.

Moreover, a moderator here has the power to ban someone, if they see that they should be banned. A moderator can edit/delete/move/merge posts and threads (they can open/close those too), which furthermore means that s/he enforce the forum rules.

To make a long story short...a moderator's job is to simply enforce the forum's rules. Or as you put it...'all that jazz'

I hope someone better comes along to explain

Donna...

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

Quote Originally Posted by BelladonnAtropa View Post
    I am not too great at this either and yes, I know that the mods most probably do much more than what I may list down but here goes anyway, until someone contributes a better explanation.

A mod is like a supervisor. S/He makes sure that everything is done properly in the forum, because the admins cannot always be there to correct mistakes or spot them or warn people around them. So the moderators help the admins to do that, I guess.

You usually see Yavannah or malary for example, editing the posts of those spamming the download section and they give them a warning if they sees that a warning must be given. This is an example of how a moderator 'moderates' things around here in the forum and makes sure that the rules are followed.

Moreover, a moderator here has the power to ban someone, if they see that they should be banned. A moderator can edit/delete/move/merge posts and threads (they can open/close those too), which furthermore means that s/he enforce the forum rules.

To make a long story short...a moderator's job is to simply enforce the forum's rules. Or as you put it...'all that jazz'

I hope someone better comes along to explain

Donna...
    I cannot say better than that! I was once a moderator (in a small forum), and it was the same as that.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

Also they mediate disputes between members, hold contests, delete attachments upon requests and other things unique to the section they are responsible for.

F