aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardsubbing

Fuji
    Quote Originally Posted by x_dark_sun_x View Post
    Yes, I did choose a compression and saved it afterwards and stuff. Though... another question xD I realized, during the saving, that some subtitles that were supposed to be displayed as italics weren't italics after all and were displayed as <i>text<i/>

Will they be displayed as italics after all or why does is show up as that... did something go wrong during the subtitle conversion perhaps?
    <i>text</i> is html coding. Subtitles uses {\i1}text{\i0} for italics. Just replace them. ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by x_dark_sun_x View Post
    Though... another question xD I realized, during the saving, that some subtitles that were supposed to be displayed as italics weren't italics after all and were displayed as <i>text<i/>

Will they be displayed as italics after all or why does is show up as that... did something go wrong during the subtitle conversion perhaps?
    It's been a while since I've encoded anything, but I believe that if the preview pane in VDub is displaying the <i> and </i> symbols, then those characters are being hardcoded onto your video. Make sure that you're using a filter specific to your subs file. (Or, convert your subs file to the needed format.)

A SubRip file (.srt) uses the <i>text</i> notation to denote italics, while SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.ass) files call upon preset font styles if italic formatting is needed. It sounds like you're trying to hardsub from a .ssa file...but the original .srt elements have been accidentally included...

Sorry for the long-winded post. Good luck with the project!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12