aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blob

how do you take a screenshot?

during a video playback?.. do you need some sort of special program? cause i cant use the 'prt scr' button for videos..

kxl
    It depends on the program you use to watch. I think Window MEdia Player and REal One Player can't take screenshot. But some program like Window MEdia Classic or PowerDVD can do. With WMC you just stop the video then do file-->save image as... With Power DVD just press 'C' on your keyboard ( capture ).

I think you can use Print Screen too. Stop the media first, then prt scr, paste it else where, save it then continue your next screenshot. Dun take 2 screenshot if you havent save the first, you'll loose it.

Hope it can help u ^__^

Yaoi Addict

Savings

L (L10)Sebastian (L8)Ciel (L9)
    This is really easy if you use BS Player. DL the installer here: http://www.mytempdir.com/227157 Install and use the program. BS can view any file type w/ the right codecs. Anyhow, while you're playing your video/anime, all you need to do is press P to capture the original frame (I'm thinking a small unstretched picture) or Shift+P to capture its size that you see. If you do this while the video is playing, you need to click those keys quick... Or you can pause the video (by hitting the space bar), then hit those keys to capture the screen. That way, you have the picture that you want. To capture a screen you can also pause the video, right-click on the screen, select OPTION > CAPTURE FRAMES > choose either WHAT YOU SEE or ORIGINAL FRAME. Simple as that~~~

n0rth_s34

ps. I forgot to tell you that it saved to where you have your BS Player install - usually in the C:\Program Files\Webteh\BSPlayer folder
    Last edited by n0rth_s34; 10-27-2005 at 10:46 AM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Rin TnC (L1)Hope (L8)Allen (L8)
    KonSai (L6)Mihashi (L2)

Quote Originally Posted by Blob
    during a video playback?.. do you need some sort of special program? cause i cant use the 'prt scr' button for videos..
    I think you can get special programs, but its best and easier to use a player that has the feature built in.

You can take frame grabs with Windows Media Player using Ctrl-I (perhaps not all versions, not sure, but try it).

Windows Media Player Classic has Save Image on the File menu on the current version.

I use VLC player, which is very good on the codec side, but you can't do a frame grab on it [edit: see my post below on more info on that]. I have to play the video in WMP Classic if I want to save images, but VLC is more reliable and plays things WMPC has probs with.
    Last edited by Rokuemon; 10-29-2005 at 12:33 PM.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Sora (L1)Yuuri (L2)Vallewida (L2)
    There is a way to make screenshots with the Media Player.

Go on "Tools" and "Options". Then choose the tab "Performance".
    Deactivate the video-acceleration by moving the pointer to the left.
    (Don't have to tell you to click OK now, have I ? )
    Now you can make your screenshot with the prt scr key.

Don't forget to move this pointer to the right afterwards, if you don't want your Media Player to gobble your system ressources...

*edit*

Oh I just read, there is a much easier method with ctrl-I

Blob
    I use VLC player.. can i take screenshots using that?
    Last edited by Blob; 10-27-2005 at 10:28 PM.

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Kurogane (L10)Nezumi (L8)Kotetsu (L2)
    Fye (L10)Sion (L4)Barnaby (L2)
    Asano Katsuya (L9)Germany (L1)Italy (L3)
    I've always used Windows Movie Maker... It's nice cuz you can view all the parts of the video and sometimes when you want to take a really hard screenshot of something that happens too fast you don't have to go crazy with the pause button, you can just go frame by frame ^^v

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Rin TnC (L1)Hope (L8)Allen (L8)
    KonSai (L6)Mihashi (L2)

Quote Originally Posted by Blob
    I use VLC player.. can i take screenshots using that?
    Not without running VLC in "no overlay" mode and then using Windows Prt Scr, which is a pretty useless idea.

to run in no overlay mode you have to add

--nooverlay

to the command line when running the program (thats 2 "-" signs at the beginning, which means its a global option).

I dont think most people will either know how or care to do this. I dont care to do it. Even then you still have to use prt scr which is inconvenient.

If i want to do vid caps i run the avi in WMP or WMP Classic. Apart from that VLC is better and easier, especialy as you dont need to install codecs seperately.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Iwaki (L6)Katou (L6)Dante (L9)
    Abel (L5)Cain (L4)Sanzo (L10)
    Natsuo (L2)Youji (L1)Count (L3)
    I also prefer VLC to other apps when playing back avi files and suchlike. The no-hassle solution to capturing from VLC is to use an exterior app. They're not difficult to use, if you select the right one. I use SnapNDrag for the Mac. I don't know if there's a Windows version.

If you find you want more options and don't mind toggling screens, there are lots of free apps that can help you out, and you don't have to figure out what to do in every application you use. You can take caps from any file that one of your apps can play back. I have a mac with lots of professional video editing software. It's no problem to take a capture from any of these apps, but I still prefer to capture with a simple exterior app meant only for that purpose (personal preference).

Here are some downloads for Windows machines (make sure to note which ones are free and which ones are commercial). http://www.versiontracker.com/php/se...indows&x=0&y=0
    Last edited by GrayUndies; 10-29-2005 at 01:00 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Yukihito (L1)
    i posted a guide in the KKM thread *rummages around* but it got deleted :P* ok
    well just turn off overlays in VLC media player
    how does one do that?
    just go settings->preferences->click the advanced options checkbox at the bottom right hand corner->click vido on the side panel->uncheck the checkbox which says "overlay video output" and then save your settings
    you can do the same for media player
    get out and get back in VLC
    and then just press print screen at the scene you want and paste and crop into your fav application eg paint, photoshop etc
    i like VLC myself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast