aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Lover
    India, though I'd go anywhere with my computer and networks ^_^
    Savings

Ace (L5)Heart 1 (Blue)Luffy (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Shanks (L8)Gray (L9)
    Sanzo (L10)Zoro (L7)Sanji (L9)

Brushes keep vanishing in PS [ SOLVED ]

Okay, I tried searching for this on the forum, and elsewhere-- but I simply didn't come across such a problem. So what happens is that my Photoshop brushes simply disappear every time I exit and re-open PS. And I mean the brushes which I installed, and not the original ones which come alongwith the software. I've got PS CS3 Extended, 512 MB RAM, and a lot of virtual memory ( so that can't be the problem ).

Can anyone tell me where the problem is, so that I don't have to install brushes everytime I open it? ( ...Or the other solution is to simply keep PS open all time-- which is kinda stupid. -_- )
    Last edited by Jade Phoenix; 02-07-2008 at 12:29 AM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

(S012) Hollow IchigoDante (L8)Chii (L9)
    Tiger (L6)Kotetsu (L2)Lavi (L8)
    Doumeki STWH (L9)David Krause (L9)(S014) Keisuke

Did you copy and paste the brushes in this file directory?

C --> Program Files --> Adobe --> Adobe Photoshop --> Presets --> Brushes

I never install my brushes, because they vanish afterwards, but if you copy and paste the .abr files into that directory, it should be fine after~!

Yaoi Legend

Savings

HuaiSang (L3)Subaru (L2)Touga (L1)
    Count (L3)Iason (L3)Kusuriuri (L10)
    Victor Nikiforov (L3)(S009) HaviLady Oscar (L2)

I don't like CS3... find it annoying and kind of bug-ridden. (I like my old PS 7.0)

According to a friend of mine, if you're running Windows Vista, your problem could be due to the fact that many new windows program has started disliking working together with older things and thus play silly b*ggers a lot. I don't know if that helps... in any case... good luck.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Shini View Post
    Did you copy and paste the brushes in this file directory?

C --> Program Files --> Adobe --> Adobe Photoshop --> Presets --> Brushes

I never install my brushes, because they vanish afterwards, but if you copy and paste the .abr files into that directory, it should be fine after~!
    I've always installed my brushes directly, and it never posed a problem before ( I've been using the same CS3 for almost seven months now ). I'll try doing as you say-- hope it works~! Thanks for the help! ^_^

EDIT : I did what you said, and now the brushes don't appear in the main panel, but they are in the drop down menu in the brushes panel. So... I'll have to append all of them in the main panel. But yeah, at least it is working. XD Thanks again~!
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiel View Post
    I don't like CS3... find it annoying and kind of bug-ridden. (I like my old PS 7.0)

According to a friend of mine, if you're running Windows Vista, your problem could be due to the fact that many new windows program has started disliking working together with older things and thus play silly b*ggers a lot. I don't know if that helps... in any case... good luck.
    No, I don't use Vista-- eats too much memory, and has got lots of bugs. I'm using XP Professional Ed. with SP2. But I didn't think the problem had something to do with my OS. Um, if what Shini suggested doesn't work, I'll try find out if it indeed is due to the OS I use. Thank you for helping~!
    Last edited by Jade Phoenix; 02-03-2008 at 08:06 AM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

(S012) Hollow IchigoDante (L8)Chii (L9)
    Tiger (L6)Kotetsu (L2)Lavi (L8)
    Doumeki STWH (L9)David Krause (L9)(S014) Keisuke

You're welcome! And as long as it works, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Okay well, I'd say it was working... and it was kinda, too. But now, the same thing has started happening again. Also, this time, the .abr files I copied into the Brushes directory have got deleted by themselves, and continue getting deleted whenever I exit and re-open PS. So... any other suggestions? >_>

EDIT : It seemed to be a virtual memory problem. There wasn't enough space to save my preferences. XD Anyway, thank you, people!
    Last edited by Jade Phoenix; 02-07-2008 at 12:29 AM.