aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Expert

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)(S019) TinkleWing 1 (Right)
    Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)Spacer 1
    Luffy (L10)Sanji (L9)Ace (L10)

GUIDE: Hide yaoi files on your pc

Yes, it's a problem keep yaoi files on your pc, especially if your parents (or brothers/sisters) use the same computer and if they like browse your folders... (I've protected all my files, but everytime that my parents use my pc I'm always worried that they discovers something...) So I'm doing a list with different metods to hide your yaoi files:

1. The most simple way (but the least safaety) is to hide your folders with yaoi content:
    - Right click on the folder;
    - Click Properties and then hide;
    - If the folder disappear you're ok. To find again the folder: click on tools (in documents folder), folder options, check the box "show hidden files", apply ok.

2. Protect your system account with password and make your documents private (only you can view them). Verify that your account is "administrator", or administrators (like your parents if pc isn't your) can view your documents.

3. BEST WAY: Using specific softwares that hide, encrypt and protect your files with password. The most useful I've find is Shellcrypt 1.0 (you can find it HERE [FREE]). This software is very light and simple to use. Once installed you have to:
    - set the password (only one password for how many files you want).
    - Encryption: Then select files or folders to encrypt, right click on them, shellcrypt, Encrypt (normal encryption) or Encrypt and hide (encrypt files and replace their name with SC000001, SC000002,....); enter the password. Files are encrypted and password protected! (also file's icon is hidden [is replaced by a gold padlock]).
    - Decryption: select files, right click, shellcrypt, Decrypt and unhide (restore original files) or unhide (this unhide files name but don't decrypt them [it's useful to find files you want to decrypt; So every time you dont have to decrypt all]), enter the password.
    - You can also configure the software (for example you exclude some extensions from the encryption).

Encrypted file and menu options
    Attachment 8500

4. Another way is to keep them on an usb-pen and take them with you. Some usb-pens contain software that allow you to set a "privacy zone" (password protected) to store your personal files.

BACKUP: If you are tired to manually upload every file every time you download new ones you can use backup softwares that do this automatically. Very useful software is Every day auto - backup (HERE) [FREE]. After install you can compile your tasks; in "projects" select add, select the source folder on your pc and the destination folder on your usb-pen (or other medias), select schedule mode (minutely, houly, daily, weekly,...), set time or day. You can also choose two backup options: Don't check file time (every time backup all files from source) or Check file time (backup only new files; if source files are already present in destination folder the program don't backup them again).
    ! You can also start immediatly the backup task [for example immediatly after you've downloaded new yaoi files] (click on Backup now).

5. You can also upload them on your google mail account (if you have one) with the Mozilla Firefox extension Gspace (HERE).
    This one let you select files to upload and then send mail to your account with files attached.

6. You can upload photos on web albums (like photobucket.com). However pay attention: don't upload hard yaoi files or you're be banned (don't break their TOS [you may read it before]).

I hope that this guide helps someone.
    If something work wrong or if you need more explanations please contact me.

Reps or thanks much appreciates.
    Last edited by gokunaruto; 09-18-2008 at 11:51 AM.

2. + Show/Hide thank you list

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Xanxus (L10)Aizen (L10)
    Hitsugaya (L10)Rukia (L10)Ulquiorra (L8)

My favourite free encryption tool is TrueCrypt. It creates a hidden volume (your most sensitive stuff) within an encrypted volume (least sensitive stuff) and puts this all into one encrypted file.

When you want to decrypt a volume, you can mount it by typing the password you assigned for it during setup. (One password for least sensitive volume, another password for the sensitive volume).

It does this because when someone looks at this encrypted file they will only see that there's something there from the least sensitive part and not the hidden sensitive stuff. If you're forced to enter a password for this, you can type in the password for the least sensitive volume. This tool is for the really concerned user for their privacy.

Sounds a bit confusing, but their website has an easy to follow guide with pictures how things work and how to set it up.

hxxp://www.truecrypt.org/

4. + Show/Hide thank you list

Atenias
    I bought an external harddisk to store Yaoi and other anime. When it´s unplugged, I can hide it anywhere. I will try the encryption software too, for my diary pages.

Another method might be to hide the Yaoi folder in a random software folder in Program Files and then give it an ordinary name. Nobody looks in Program Files anyways.

Yaoi Lover
    India, though I'd go anywhere with my computer and networks ^_^
    Savings

Ace (L5)Heart 1 (Blue)Luffy (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Shanks (L8)Gray (L9)
    Sanzo (L10)Zoro (L7)Sanji (L9)

I had come across a software ( sorry, but I simply cannot recall the name ) which let you convert any folder to the most used ones like Control Panel, Recycle Bin, My Computer etc. Initially, you can convert your yaoi folder to one of these, and set up a password. Then, it shows and links to whichever folder you have assigned it to. Now when you want to access it, you can simply open this software, go to that folder, choose decryption, and type down your password. Also, it's sensible if you store it at a very seemingly open place ( and not hide it ) so that it doesn't look suspicious. As far as I remember, nobody can delete either. It will just show a pop-up saying that ' either access to the file is denied, or the program is in use '.

Hmm, if anybody knows about any software like this, please let me know. ^_^

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Takano (L3)Chii (L9)Naruto (L4)
    Akihito (L4)Ruruka (L4)Valdrigue (L8)
    Yoh (L9)Ranmaru I (L1)(S032) Ruruka
    What about a program for mac?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@obssyaoifangrl
    you can just make another admin account and set password to it.
    I tried to access all folder in my account from another account and I can't opened the folder in my account..

edit: almost forgot, make sure you make it locked, right click in your home folder then mark locked..
    Last edited by jus_kol; 07-03-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Vincent (L8)(S006) KlausTsuruga (L8)
    Haji (L5)Gaara (L3)Touya (L1)
    Naruto (L4)Gojyo (L1)Suzuki-san
    If you buy an Acer brand computer, that you intend to use for Yaoi and have to keep it hidden Then I advise getting one that has Empowering Technology. A number of models come with Acer eData Management which is an incription utility. Theres also elock that can keep someone from taking out your usb when your not around.

Hey it's not just useful for Yaoi though.

Sorin
    I have a lot of yaoi on my computer, but I set a password for my account and another for my parents that's open if they need to use it. (which is never)

I also have thumbdrives tucked neatly away and a burned CD or yaoi games next to it. No one has yet to find them.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Usami (L2)Shizuo (L2)Ichigo (L6)
    Izaya (L3)Ikuto (L3)Misaki (L1)
    Italy (L3)Germany (L1)Rukia (L3)
    Thank you so much!
    Up to now I had to delete all the yaoi mangas/pics/animes everytime my brother or cousin visited and then waste my time finding them again in the internet. Now that I finally know how to hide them successfully - no more worryes about my family finding out how perverted I am

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Daisuke (L10)Sanzo (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    (S010) Joker(S009) Havi(S006) Klaus
    (S008) Shuichi(S007) RebornKazuki (L7)

(Similar to what others have said, but perhaps a bit easier) For a very simple way of keeping your things yours, create a "Guest" account on your computer, and make it so that the Guest can't see any of your things. (You can always test it out to see if things are hidden properly)

All you have to do is go the the Control Panel and go to User Accounts (That's what Vista has... I think It is just "Users" in XP...it's been a while since I've worked on an XP machine) and create the account. It's not hard. And when you are done, make sure that your account is locked with a password and doesn't automatically sign you in as you on boot-up.

That is one easy way.

But there is an even easier way, and faster than all of that encrypting business.

Get a Flash Drive ("little memory keychain USB stick thing" for you folks who are not as geek-literate) and store everything Yaoi on that. Some flash drives even come with password protection built into the drive, so no matter who plugs it in, they need the password for it to work. For those of you who have "TONS" of yaoi, I seriously doubt that a 4 or 8 GB flash drive is too small. That's a lotta pictures. If you need something bigger, there are mini hard drives that you can carry that have more space.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast