Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter
    yaoi world,yaoi city,yaoi street ...ap num:YAOI
    Savings

(S016) TakanoZero (L8)(S021) Riki
    RyukWing 1 (Left)(S009) Havi
    (S027) Usami Akihiko(S003) Lelouch
    wow you guys have great tactics!!!! mine is like
    pictures(folder)->(lot of folders inside,choose one)->another folders(loooot of)->another one!! -> anime folder-> naruto folder-> sasuna folder-> .........hahaha this is my tactic,,,i have so many pics and folders,so it's hard to find

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Sulfur (Battle Lover Sulfur) (L4)Hak (L4)Rin TnC (L1)
    Taichi (L2)Near (L1)Misaki (L1)
    Grimmjow (L6)Kid (L2)
    i just had to say something. just hide them deep in your program folders. thats what i did in my computer in my room, even though no one can get on now i can see if you got really nosey family or friends but ya my account is SAFE so no one's getting on^^ but ya.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Abe (L2)Mihashi (L2)Sebastian (L6)
    Kougami Shinya (L9)Hikaru (L2)Kaoru (L6)
    Rin (L1)Tanaka Ryuunosuke (L8)
    i have a question about shellcrypt.
    i installed it, right clicked, chose encrypt & hide. a window popped up indicating the process was finished. i still see the file and can click it w/o being prompted for a pass.
    its not working? D: help?

Yaoi Expert
    Savings

Rufus (L7)Italy (L3)Snow (L9)
    Nero (L8)Ciel (L9)X Classic Italics (Black)
    Sebastian (L6)Mello (L9)X Classic Italics (Black)
    Hahaha i dont have to hide this from my mum...
    its my little sister that poses the problem...
    I think i'll just hide the files...

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Chisato (L2)Shunsuke (L2)Nekozawa (L2)
    Good advice here from everyone! ^^

If I could add one thing- if you're running Vista, it has a very powerful search engine. Even if your files are encrypted they can still show up on the system. Now, if you get your files from certain websites like and don't change the names, this isn't as much of a problem (typical file name from site in question: 193439207374329.jpg). But let's say you're the type to download files and change the names, or if the place you get your files from gives them descriptive names (example: ExplicitYaoiPicHotSex.jpg), you'll want to do this:

1. Right click the file you want to flag so it won't show up in search.
    2. Click on 'Properties'
    3. Click on 'Advanced'
    4. Uncheck the box saying 'Index this file for faster search'
    5. Click OK and close the dialog box.

This will keep your files from showing up in the computer's built-in search engine.

Now, if you want to keep entire folders from showing up in the computer's search engine, it gets a little more complicated, but bear with me.

1. Launch your Start panel and search for 'index options'
    2. Click on 'Modify'
    3. Click the 'Show All Locations' button and agree to the prompt that will pop up.
    4. Expand the 'Change Selected Locations' menu at the top. Find your yaoi folder (example: C:/Users/JRandomLurker/Pictures/Yaoi)
    5. Uncheck the folders you wish to exclude from search, and close your dialog box.

This will help deter those really nosy people.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Kurama (L1)(S004) Taki(S006) Klaus
    I use:

2. Protect your system account with password and make your documents private (only you can view them). Verify that your account is "administrator", or administrators (like your parents if pc isn't your) can view your documents.

But, sometimes I go to the kitchen or bathrom and forget my pc... My mom saw a SasukexNaruto pic >_<

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kyouya (L3)Shoui (L1)Subaru (L2)
    Ryuusei (L2)Mugen (L5)Moriya (L2)
    Asari (L1)Himi (L2)Kamui (L7)
    around 5 years ago, I used >>>
    just hide them deep in your program folders
    However there are too much yaoi folders now. Almost of all documents are about yaoi.
    So I do nothing - -".

YunieYuks
    i heard from my sister that one of her friends hided his hentai stuff like this

he created a folder in Documents folder, and named it something like "sys32CR_OS753" -so that it looks like a program folder. then, he'd hide the folder it in the folder options; now he'd create thousands [ok, not so much xp] of folders, one inside the other, with names that make people stay away [like, "oh, that's a system folder, i'mma go back"]. after those inumerous folders, it'd come to the "real" content of it all, haha

i mean, it's a good tech, still i rather use an encrypting soft, it's "safer". who knows if a curious person sits here.

besides using techs to "hide" them, there's another important factor, which is leaving the files open. it won't matter much if you've hidden it under thousands of different pass's if 4 example you leave to go to the kitchen eat sthg and the files are open. anyone who'd come across with your computer would see them, and all your efforts to hide them'd be in vain [wow, seem so tragical xp]
    anyways, i just think it's important to never leave them open if you're not there. even if i'll be afk for like one minute, i close everything, even if i have to search for the manga page i was reading before. at least it's better than someone seeing it, haha xD

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Luka Crosszeria (L1)Italy (L3)Sodom (human) (L1)
    Albafica (L1)Yuki UB (L1)(S005) Valdrigue
    Havi (L6)(S009) HaviAbel (L1)
    i am lucky i am the only one who uses this comp expt for my daughter age 4 but i will put the in a folder that has a password incase it has to go and be repaired

iSoriku
    Hahaha, very nice!
    I just use the encryption and put a hard password on it. =P

Though tbh no one else uses my laptop so I guess I don't HAVE to hide them.
    Still do. <:
    Last edited by iSoriku; 08-31-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast