aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

[Solved] Graphic and Sound Card Driver Problem

Hi there,

can anyone help me with this? I recently had to reinstall Windows XP on my laptop because of some pretty malicious virus but now the drivers for my on-board sound and graphic card have gone somewhere down the drain, the hardware is simply no longer recognized by Windows and hardware recognition doesn't give any result. I have no sound on my laptop at the moment apart from an external sound card and the video card is running on the lowest settings.

Unfortunately I can't find the CD containing all the drivers I had and I have no idea what sound and graphic card I have on my system. Is there any way to find out what type of hardware is installed (without opening the laptop) or another way to be able to find the correct drivers?

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated.^^
    Last edited by Lent; 10-02-2007 at 08:33 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Xanxus (L10)Aizen (L10)
    Hitsugaya (L10)Rukia (L10)Ulquiorra (L8)

Hi Lent,

Most laptops would have intel integrated graphics and sound. To make sure it is, do you know the make and model number for your laptop? If so, you can search for it in the manufacture's website for hardware details or google, which would sometimes list the hardware components for it.

For example, my laptop (broke atm -_-) is HP 1355ea. In google I would type HP 1355ea graphics card and it would list in the results like GRAPHICS CARD, INTEL 915 GM/GMS ...

Then I can go to Intel's support website for drivers, browse by product, select graphics section, select the graphics card I have and download the latest driver.

Hope that helps.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Oooh, thanks dm.su, that sounds as if it could work! It seems my laptop has Intel stuff inside since I have that badge next to the keyboard. I will try that out!

PS: And good luck with your laptop ... thank god I still have my other pc, otherwise I'd be... offline.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Okay, graphic card driver install went fine, audio card is being a b****. Can't find out my motherboard type and two drivers I installed already were apparently not the right ones. But I'll keep on trying...

blue_genjutsu
    Try finding your laptop model on the manufacturer's website and then look at the specs for it and see if it tells you what make and model that your sound card is. You can also try doing a search in google with your laptop make and model as keywords and the words sound card and see if that will bring up the info you need.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Yeah, that's exactly the problem, the manufacturer (Schneider) is no longer existing but has been taken over by another company now (Hyrican) and all they list on their website is info on their products, no info on those products that have been taken over from Schneider. It's really stupid, I bet I have like the simplest sound solution installed, actually all I could find out is that I have AC97 Surround but both Intel drivers they list on their website supposedly supporting this don't work.

I just list my info here, maybe someone is more lucky in finding than me and would like to try.

Model: Schneider Cel M 350 (also listed as model 8050 QC)

Sigh, everything went so easy with the graphic card, I have the external sound card but it's really not the ultimate solution.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Problem solved!

I called Hyrican today and they directed me to the correct download section on their website. Audio and Graphic Card are working fine now.

Thanks everybody for helping!