aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

yoshi-chan

Post Torrent Programs...

What are the different programs you can use to torrent and stuff? I had eMule but that took a LONG time and then Shareaza but it took up too much space. I heard about about bit torrent but I've also heard you have to buy it. I was curious, but are there any free programs?
    Last edited by n0rth_s34; 09-19-2005 at 08:55 PM. Reason: font style coding...

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Valdrigue (L8)Pray for JapanHavi (L6)
    Sebastian (L6)Shirogane (L9)Akira (L9)
    Ruruka (L4)(S052) Yuri KatsukiSusuwatari
    The original BitTorrent client does not really require you to buy it, but they do ask for donations

I personally use ABC because you can control the number of torrents and seeds you have, BitTorrent only allows 3 simultaneous torrents. ABC is based on BitTornado.

*Remember to change hxxp to http
    Last edited by inoue; 09-09-2005 at 05:34 AM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Sousuke (L5)Touya (L1)Gaara (L3)
    Hanataro (L1)Akira (L2)Hikaru (L1)
    Well, i recommend Bitlord and Bitcomet. Go to the link and the site will tell you the offer and of course, it is FREE >_<

And yes, we can control the uploading and downloading speed, as well as set which torrent is high priroity that you want to download most, or low priroity to set that the torrent doesn't need to be concentrate on so much. So i personally recommend these 2

EDIT: It seems there that you have the basic or standard
    Message Editor Interface on, it is either you don't want the Enhanced interface option on or you don't know about it. If you don't know what Message Editor Interface is, here is the description taken from the edit option section:
    When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.
    So basically it makes things easier when typing out messages. To change settings for Message Editor Interface, go to your UserCP (top of page next to "Home" and "Forum") and go to "Edit Option", Scroll down, there you will see the "Message Editor Interface" title.

Well, hope that helps ^u^ Aarinfantasy put about this option on the clipboard before when the new board was just made, but it is taken off now and alot of members are still on the basic and standard option ^^"
    Last edited by torrentfreak; 09-09-2005 at 05:39 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Yukihito (L1)
    i recommend BitComet and when that fails azureus or bitlord is good
    the original client doesn't give me enough control over my option or let you select which files you want to download

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Tetsuya (L5)WishDaisuke (L10)
    Sanosuke (L1)Conrad (L4)Tatsumi YnM (L6)
    Tsuzuki (L8)(S003) Lelouch
    I use BitTornado. The interface looks exactly like the original bittorent client, but it gives me enough options to mess around with. BitTornado allows you to modify ports, set upload/download speed, check to see which ips are seeding/leeching, the status of each file, fire wall bypass settings. I've used BitTornado for a long time and I never had a problem with it.

The original bittorrent client does not allow you to control upload and download speeds. However, the interface is so simple that you cannot possibly go wrong

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Shiki (L2)Ciel (L5)Ayanami (L5)
    Sesshoumaru (L7)Ritsuka (L4)Kyo (L7)
    Kenshin (L8)Yagari (L6)Wolfram (L1)
    it also depends on your internet connection as well. So if you use ADSL, then that makes life easier, but if you use a modern.. then probably, Bitcomet.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Yukihito (L1)
    but some scanlation site's torrents aren't compatible with bitcomet but otherwise it's a great program

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Shiki (L2)Ciel (L5)Ayanami (L5)
    Sesshoumaru (L7)Ritsuka (L4)Kyo (L7)
    Kenshin (L8)Yagari (L6)Wolfram (L1)
    true. I guess it really depends where you DL from as well as compatibility with your PC.