aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Vincent (L8)Randy (L1)Yayoi (L1)
    Sephiroth (L6)Dee (L3)Soubi (L2)
    Nowaki (L3)

Question about putting downloaded anime onto a cd

Is there anyway to burn the yaoi you've downloaded onto a disk to watch later? That way the file is no longer on your computer making it slow.

If so, what do I need to buy to do this? What sort of disk? What programs do I need to burn the videos into disks? Can I use WMP to do this?

Sorry, it might be such a simple thing, but me and computers don't get along. I fiddled around with my WMP, trying to burn a file onto a disk, but it wouldn't work, so I think I had the wrong disk type and now I have no idea what to try.

Thank you for your time,
    Rikku

Oh and if it helps any I have a windows XP laptop.

Yaoi Expert
    Savings

Naoe (L5)Count D (L3)Leon (L4)
    Usami (L2)Misaki (L1)Chichiri (L1)
    Seishirou (L2)Tatsumi YnM (L6)Subaru (L2)
    Of course you can burn any of your files to CD, dear ^_^ All you need is a burning program. The most popular commercial one is NERO. Although there are freeware alternatives that do the job too, like CDburnerxpPRO. I'm not sure about WMP being able to burn data disks (I've only ever used WMP to make CD-player playable disks) but a dedicated burning program is your best bet.

You can buy blank disks at any computer store. (A blank CD-R or DVD-R if you have a DVD-burner.) A rewritable one is of course, rewritable but usually a bit more expensive. Blank disks are cheap nowadays, though. Be sure to try out a few brands before buying lots of the same brand because different brands of CD-Rs could react differently with different burners.

BTW, for backing up most of my files including video to CD/DVD, I choose the option "make data disk". This is for when you're planning to use the disk for your computer in the future. Only use the "make video" option if you're planning to make a disk to watch with your TV and VCD/DVD player!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

If you don't have NERO or any other programms, you can also use the normal way of 'Copy' and 'Paste'. However, this only works with CD (that usually have up to 700 MB of Space)

You just 'Copy' the Files you want and 'Paste' it to the CD. But these cannot be used to be played on a TV, only on Computer.

youtin gave a good explanation of how to do it with Programs.

Hope it helps ^_-

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Xanxus (L10)Aizen (L10)
    Hitsugaya (L10)Rukia (L10)Ulquiorra (L8)

Also, you need to find out what type of media you can burn cd+-r/dvd+-r or both. You can check this in your laptop manual or sometimes they would label your disc drive cover what media it can burn.

This is so you don't buy the wrong disc to burn like buying a cd+r and later you found out that you can only burn cd-r.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Vincent (L8)Randy (L1)Yayoi (L1)
    Sephiroth (L6)Dee (L3)Soubi (L2)
    Nowaki (L3)
    Thank you guys, I got it to work.

Now I feel stupid because it was so easy. *Smacks head*

I downloaded that free program youtin told me about, and I have to say it works great and gahh.. so easy. I'm really a baka.

Thanks for your time!!

Rikku