aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Kazuki (L1)

[SOLVED] HELP!!!! seriously panicking.... disk space mysteriously disappears?

(yes, i always panick im sorry...)

i noticed that im running low on disk space. I only have 3.44 GB in my drive C... so i deleted lots of programs that add up to 400,000+ KB... so, my disk space should increase ryt? Well, it went down to 3.29. I did the disk clean up thing.

I installed a program which has 100MB. Then my disk space suddenly went down to 2.72 GB. I did the disk clean up, it went to 2.77 GB.

I did the system restore. The laptop said that it did not restore anthing. The disk space went as to 2.42 GB

I scanned for spyware, trojans, virus.... none!

cansomeone please help me? I dont want to lose all my precious yaoi files in my computer...

thanks in advance
    Last edited by lemonpocky; 08-27-2008 at 08:51 AM.

darkparagon
    I can't say I'm to sure whats wrong, but I don't think your about to lose your yaoi collection just yet ^^.

Every time you install and uninstall software on your computer and surfing online you create junk in the registry.You need to scan and clean your PC with registry cleaner.

Also you my need to defragmenting your computer

Following this may also help.

Follow this :
    -Right click on an empty place in the TASKBAR
    -Choose TaskManger
    -At the top choose "Process"
    -Order process by "CPU", u can do this by clicking on the "CPU" tab.
    -Now look on the topmost process of the list and in its CPU usage "??%" (=99%)
    This should be the "Hanging" process and from its name you may know what's wrong ..
    for example if it is "micosoftword.exe" then u may have craches in your system
    if it's "svchost.exe" your system has a problem ..
    and so on ... anyway try first to select it then "end process" it . if you have
    any problems or don't know what is it , send its name here and we will guide

Those links may also provide some helpful info on computer mataince.
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
    http://www.registry-cleaners.info/

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Adonis (L2)Camus (L2)Allen (L1)
    Kazuki (L1)Touya (L1)Goh (L2)
    Are you running on Vista? Because I've heard that that's a recurring problem with Windows Vista. The system repeatedly creates system backups without asking, and these are huge, and keep consuming harddrive space until nothing is left.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for me XD) I don't know Vista very well, so I can't tell you how to change the backup space.

vampie02
    Quote Originally Posted by darkparagon View Post
    I can't say I'm to sure whats wrong, but I don't think your about to lose your yaoi collection just yet ^^.

Every time you install and uninstall software on your computer and surfing online you create junk in the registry.You need to scan and clean your PC with registry cleaner.

Also you my need to defragmenting your computer

Following this may also help.

Follow this :
    -Right click on an empty place in the TASKBAR
    -Choose TaskManger
    -At the top choose "Process"
    -Order process by "CPU", u can do this by clicking on the "CPU" tab.
    -Now look on the topmost process of the list and in its CPU usage "??%" (=99%)
    This should be the "Hanging" process and from its name you may know what's wrong ..
    for example if it is "micosoftword.exe" then u may have craches in your system
    if it's "svchost.exe" your system has a problem ..
    and so on ... anyway try first to select it then "end process" it . if you have
    any problems or don't know what is it , send its name here and we will guide

Those links may also provide some helpful info on computer mataince.
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
    http://www.registry-cleaners.info/
    My computer not running fast lately but not too slow
    However, when I tried to do the steps showing above, I discovered some terrible things
    On my Processess tab, there are not only one but whole bunch of "svchost.exe" there
    is my system serious having problem?
    Here is the completed list
    System
    Symlcsvc.exe
    AluSchedulerSvc.exe
    E_SAI2HI.EXE
    atiptaxx.exe
    ccAapp.exe
    jusched.exe
    smss.exe
    csrss.exe
    winlogon.exe
    services.exe
    lsass.exe
    ati2evxx.exe
    svchost.exe
    GBTray.exe
    svchost.exe
    svchost.exe
    ccSvHst.exe
    spoolsv.exe
    ctfmon.exe
    svchost.exe
    ctfmon.exe
    ccSvHst.exe
    DVDRegionFree.exe
    AppSvc32.exe
    GBPoll.exe
    NvMixerTray.exe
    CCPROXY.EXE
    realsched.exe
    PDVDServ.exe
    ati2evxx.exe
    PopUpInspector.exe
    explorer.exe
    NPROTECT.EXE
    NOPDB.EXE
    taskmgr.exe
    alg.exe
    avant.exe
    System Idle Process

That about it for today..Can you please tell me if I need a registry cleaner or sth to do to fix system? [I am using Windows XP Pro]
    thanks in advance

darkparagon
    Not at all, non of those look harmful, and a lot of them are used for the running of the programmes you use….. you just need to keep your system a bit cleaner ^_^,

A registry cleaner is always good to have on your computer, even if you don't use it often, but you can also use sth, depends on which one you like to use more, I personaly think a registry cleaner.

First thing to do. Clean up and defrag your hard drive, Empty Temp folders, Recycle Bin, and temporary Ineternet files. Uninstall any applications that you do not use

Once you done that you need to run some utilities programs to get rid of all unused and obsolete files and history. If you don’t have one I can send you a link

One thing I also find often with people is they have a lot of, programes running at the same time, without knowing, bottom right hand corner by the clock, all those little icons use RAM and memory and processing, close all the ones you don't need running and get rid of the ones you don't need, your computer will almost double in speed most of the time. I now its simple but you really would be shocked at the amount of people who leave them running and wonder why their RAM is low.

If all that fails try the using msconfig (Start > Run > type msconfig > OK). This will help you determine what you really need. http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/services.htm

If you have any problems, are not to clear please just ask, and I will try to explain better ^_^

vampie02
    Oh, thanks so much
    I should have learned more about computer while I still in school ~_~

vampie02
    Quick Question: When I tried to use RegCure as my main registry cleaner [since it has ranked 1st on the list], I realized that my hard drive space dropped down gradually..about 100KB each time I using. The funny things that only my Hard-drive C having that problem. My other D is temporarily fine
    My C is the one handle all of program and system stuff while my D only a big storage of misc. stuff.
    Is it RegCure doing? or sth else related to system error?
    or do you have any other good registry cleaner to recommended?
    Thanks alot in advance ^^

darkparagon
    Your reg cleaner should work well, and the disc space reduction is normal , as its cleaning up your database repository for information about a computer's configuration. This registrys keeps growing when you use Windows, and download, which I imagen as you say you use your C Drive for, which is why only your C drive is effected, and the momory keeps going down each time you use your reg cleaner

If you are saying, funny things or still happening to your computer when really it should be running faster and error free now, try running a virus scan, and if nothing do an error check.

Steps for error check.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265
    Last edited by darkparagon; 03-27-2007 at 01:31 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Also there are also temp internet files that clean disk will not get rid of that are stored in a hidden folder called Content IE5 (well that its name on my PC) just search for content and you will find it. deleting thise files after running cleandisk have freed up tons of HD space also try deleting all but the most recent few restore points as well.

also after reading your active programs I would go to MSCONFIG and disable startup programs to keep unwanted programs from running when the computer starts up and in the background when they are not needed(WORD OF WARNING dont mess with anything else in MSCONFIG it can cause some problems)

also if you are using norton AV for virus protection it records jounals of everything you have deleted so you can undelete them later if it was accidental. if you clear this out you can open up alot of room.

Yaoi Fan
    Under the bed, watching Syuusuke and Ryoma make out.
    Savings

Haruka (L8)(S020) YokozawaKirara
    (S019) TinkleYuu (L3)Kisa (L3)
    Misaki (L1)Lelouch (young) (L1)Sasuke (young) (L4)
    If you have downloaded episodes of anime or tv shows, your diskspace is going to decrease dramatically. Trust me, I know. To remedy this, you can compress those files (the episodes) into a zip. file. Make sure you clear your cache too.
    Last edited by Chibi_Muffin_Chan; 04-02-2007 at 05:37 AM.