aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

irishbiboy

quick question [SOLVED]

hey sorry im bit of a noob to manga and i was just interested in reading some manga but i have no interest in reading the RAWs cause well i wouldnt have a clue what is going on in them. so my question is this - if RAW is untranslated what is translated? is it unlimited or something cause some of the translated ones had this written beside it. anyways sorry for the stupid question
    Last edited by Miko; 02-23-2007 at 08:46 AM.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Youji (L1)Natsuo (L2)Sai (L3)
    RAW means untranslated yes. most translated ones are just left blank(no RAW next to em) though sometimes ones not marked as untranslated are still in japanese ^^; there's no real sure fire way to find out i guess, unless you look. plus, alot of the translated manga get licensed soon after so the thread is closed.

peacelily
    When a download link says unlimited by it, it usually means the download host allows unlimited downloads. It has nothing to do with the language.
    Take a look in the thread title for some clues as to whether the thread contains RAWs or translated scans. Translated will be listed as simply [complete] if the manga has been completely translated or [incomplete] if it hasn't. RAW scans will almost always list that they are RAW in the thread title. Some popular titles or titles that haven't been completely translated will often have both RAW and translated downloads in the thread, but they'll generally be marked. The default language for manga downloads on this site is english so anything that is in the original language or in another language (for example chinese) will almost always be marked as such.
    Scanlation (or occasionally scanslation) is the term used to describe manga that has been scanned, translated, and the translation photoshoped into the scan. If the manga is listed with a scanlation group or a credit is given in the thread such as "Scanlated by" you can lay pretty good odds that it's in english.
    I'm not sure how clear or complete that information was, so if you still have questions, please say so.

irishbiboy
    ah ok thx guys - i think they should write translated or something beside it cause i have come across a few left blank and they were RAW so id like to be able to just do a search for the translated ones.

Quote Originally Posted by peacelily View Post
    Translated will be listed as simply [complete] if the manga has been completely translated or [incomplete] if it hasn't.
    ive also come acorss alot of complete RAW so that just makes it confusing

Quote Originally Posted by peacelily View Post
    If the manga is listed with a scanlation group or a credit is given in the thread such as "Scanlated by" you can lay pretty good odds that it's in english.
    I'm not sure how clear or complete that information was, so if you still have questions, please say so.
    yeah thx i ll keep an eye out for that