aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Kazuki (L1)

Question faster download speed? [SOLVED]

i have been browsing this forum and im so shocked that many are able to download at at least 50 kbps... it never happened to me... so, anyway, i have a broadband connecton.... okay, im paying for the cheapest service... but then, during the first few weeks of using broadband, i was able to download in an average of 30 kbps.. but then, now, im only downloading around 6-12 kbps... 15, if im lucky...

im not asking for a 100kbps speed, but can someone help me to at least return to the older, faster speed? i mean, is there any that i did wrong? is there any way to make by connection faster?

please help me *puts on big puppy dog eyes*

thanks =)

(im not too sure if there is a similar thread like this around here... sorrythere is one already...)
    Last edited by lemonpocky; 12-12-2006 at 10:08 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Rin (L7)Pray for JapanYukio (L9)
    Rin (L9)Minato (L6)Yukio (L7)
    Inuyasha (L10)TimcanpyInuyasha (L1)

Read This Thread. Sure, there are a few drawbacks to using the program, but if you want faster download speeds on average ....

I went from a normal download speed of around 50/kb to about 300 average ...

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Daisuke (L10)Sanzo (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    (S010) Joker(S009) Havi(S006) Klaus
    (S008) Shuichi(S007) RebornKazuki (L7)

Lemon, the download speed from sites like megaupload and the like are throttled by usage. So try downloading at different times when the upload site may be not as busy.

In addition, other programs can use up bandwidth on your computer.

Try to close all programs and close all processes that are connected to the internet (except IE/firefox and etc. of course)

Use this program to see just what is hooked up to the web: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hmpp94
    (Inside there are two folders, use the TCPView one....)
    You can use that program to close those connections and processes should the need arise.

Downloading a download manager doesn't always help, speed-wise. Some try to make it appear that way by opening multiple connections, but the site has to accept those kinds of hooks.

Lastly, make sure you are spyware-free. Download Spybot Search & Destroy (very good freeware...rated very highly) and run a scan to be sure.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Kazuki (L1)
    Cireus and Shigure2, thank you so much!!! my Downloading speed did increase... Thank you for your tips... they really work!!!

thank you, thank you =)

0=(^_^)=0 *hugs*