aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: Firewall

Suracis

Firewall

I'm not sure if anyone knows how to solve this but I'm going to ask anyway. XD

Does anyone know how to disable my internet's firewall so that I would be able to host games? I think it has something to do with the firewall... or at least that's what someone told me. >.>;

akari_hayashi
    Does the firewall comes with your internet or your computer? I read from somewhere about forwarding ports... Dunno whether it will work though. *shrug* This is really pretty technical.

-akari

Suracis
    I think the firewall comes with both... o.o; I'm not sure about that though. And yeah, I think it does have something to do with ports.

akari_hayashi
    I have only tried forwarding ports for my comp's firewall program, but not sure about doing it for the router/internet service though.

-akari

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

u can open up ports by 1. going into your router's config and "port forward" whatever ports that you are using e.g. I forward 6881 for Bittorrent and 12334 for emule 2. go into your software firewall XP or whatever you are using and give the program that you will be using permission to access the internet. Hmmm....that's all i know.

Suracis
    In my router's config, there is no port forward... >_>;

kuroryuu
    sometimes it's called 'Virtual Server' or just plain 'Firewall'

Suracis
    I get the feeling that it doesn't have to do with the firewall but with ports as akari above mentioned.

DigitalLove
    I wonder if you ever resolved your problem ?

Yaoi Fan
    Under the bed, watching Syuusuke and Ryoma make out.
    Savings

Haruka (L8)(S020) YokozawaKirara
    (S019) TinkleYuu (L3)Kisa (L3)
    Misaki (L1)Lelouch (young) (L1)Sasuke (young) (L4)
    If you are running on windows, go to your control panel. Once it's open, you will see a little shield named security system. Click on that. You will see a section on there called Windows Firewall. Click on that and the option to turn the firewall on or off will appear. Try it and see if it helps.