aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: Editing .NPA

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Editing .NPA

Hello, I'm looking into being able to edit .npa files. Like the ones for DRAMAtical Murder and other Nitro games.

Yes I've done some searches but all I got was I need something called nipa. But I've no idea how to get it, how to use ect. I'm not looking for a lengthy answer just something more to point me in the right direction. I'm a quick learner once I get my hands on a program but I think this is more of a CMD script? Anyway any help is appreciated.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxrenxX View Post
    Hello, I'm looking into being able to edit .npa files. Like the ones for DRAMAtical Murder and other Nitro games.

Yes I've done some searches but all I got was I need something called nipa. But I've no idea how to get it, how to use ect. I'm not looking for a lengthy answer just something more to point me in the right direction. I'm a quick learner once I get my hands on a program but I think this is more of a CMD script? Anyway any help is appreciated.

NIPA is a command line script (CMD/Dos Prompt), but it's fairly simple to use. The most important thing is that you need to know what version of the game you're playing with. Each Nitro+ game uses it's own "format" to save it's NPA pack files in.

NIPA will NOT work with the older Togainu no CHI NPK format, and the latest version (at least that I have) uses the DRAMAtical Murder Re:connect packing format. (Funnily enough, the newer Windows 10 version of Lamento uses the DMMdrc pack format as well).

Anywho, I'll PM you the link.

When you get it, extract it somewhere easy to get to, like C:\nipa\ And drop a copy of NPA file you want to extract as well, then open a Command prompt/CMD and type:
    cd\nipa

That will put you in the NIPA directory, and now you can type:
    nipa.exe

And it'll show you how to use it, and what games it works with.

For DMMd, for example, you'd type:
    nipa -x -g DramaticalMurder

And let it do it's thing. It'll dump it all into that same folder, so it could get messy.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you very much. I've figured it out for the most part but now I have the issues of not all the extracted files show anything when opened. Encryption issue?

EDIT---------------------------------------

I just used the wrong encryption for certain extractions.
    Last edited by XxrenxX; 09-09-2017 at 01:24 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by XxrenxX View Post
    Thank you very much. I've figured it out for the most part but now I have the issues of not all the extracted files show anything when opened. Encryption issue?

EDIT---------------------------------------

I just used the wrong encryption for certain extractions.
    I was told that NIPA would not work with the old Togainu no CHI NPK format and that the latest version uses the Dramatic Murder packaging format dem. And it is not surprising that the new version of Windows 10 Lamento also uses the format of the package DMMdrc

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

bump?? the responses here aren't very helpful for anyone else needing help, a link would be appreciated